HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Them Crooked Vultures

Go down 
+7
carter
Bogle the Dark Angel
iyloma
StoneyMaroney
Negative Outlook
Haunz
Krissah
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissah

Krissah

Them Crooked Vultures Empty
PostSubject: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Anybody heard of this project? Its another Dave Grohl gem, thought I'd share it with anyone who hadn't heard. Its funky as shit, but sometimes the vocals irk me. Its Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, and John Paul Jones. (I know..take a moment to wrap your head around that one, lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEj_Lq6sWo <---Gunman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YalghA3dGvI <---Scumbag Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_vH3H8LPI&feature=channel <---New Fang

Their entire album is on YouTube if you decide you wanna hear more. Tell me what you guys think!
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Yeah, I heared about it …

I was kinda thrilled but I'm not really into it yet.

Maybe I've got to give it just another listen …
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 pm

I thought the same thing at first, and I am pretty sure its the vocals that throw me off. But it definitely grows on you! I'd say check out some more of their stuff. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Yeah, I actually heard one of their songs on a talk radio station of all things. I was glad I got to hear it. Sounds good to me, we need some innovation out there in music land. I am looking forward to more.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:57 am

It's cencored in Germany.
World Wide Web my ass sak sak sak sak sak sak
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:40 am

I like the album BUT I can't stand all the hype behind it -- c'mon, I know it's like an all-stars team, but it got its site in Italian, it's everywhere on the Italian radios and mags, etc. BUT they're not playing here... you can say Sony is trying hard to sell the album!

Of course if they'll ever play Rome (and I'll be able to afford it!), I'll be less severe by then! Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Wow, I can't believe how publicized it is there. Maybe I've just been living under a rock, but I haven't heard that much about it here. I've even been listening to the radio a lot more, but there isn't really a proper rock station out here by school. Maybe that's got something to do with it. I can understand being sick of it before it's even come out if they are jamming it down your throat like that. I only heard of them when a friend told me to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:32 am

We bought it the other day ... have played it a few times - quite like it, but - same as you ... hmmm - vocals aren't all that .... I prefer Grohl's PROBOT project - I prefer it when he plays it more heavy .... TCV's is ok though - and it's getting a LOT of airplay and tv coverage here in the UK ... ridiculous, since Probot got absolutely bugger all .... shrug metal
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:44 pm

A friend heared them in Munich last weekend, she said they were great.

Although I'm not quite sure wheter I like their music or not, I'm pretty sure they are a good live band!
Back to top Go down
carter

carter

Location : Cape Fear/Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach/Southeast tip of NC

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm a Josh Homme fanboy, and Them Crooked Vultures was my favorite album of 2009
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:39 pm

I've gone on my Zune and listened to 30 sec clips of every trac - I FUCKIN LOVED IT - sadly don't got it Sad

Like Songs For the Deaf cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:30 pm

TCV is comparable to Songs for the Deaf?

I've really got to listen to it again …
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Watt got me this CD, part of Val.day present & and because I've been whining about wanting it.

What a Face I LOVE THIS CD!!!!! It's been playing since Friday AM - it's melodic and hypno cool and you'll hear so many other things buried in the songs - Floyd, Zep, Primus, and many others. Fuck the hype this cd PWNS cheers cheers
Like a Star @ heaven Only pure metal heads would hate it Wink
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Haunz wrote:
TCV is comparable to Songs for the Deaf?

BETTER. All you love about them plus MORE!!! Seriously great.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:39 pm

even I like this album, and I usually think everything new sucks Them Crooked Vultures Icon_lol

Its On Time Them Crooked Vultures 923342
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 pm

i havent bought it but i listen to it on their myspace!!

we saw em on SNL a few weeks ago and i have to say i was blown away. and could JPJ look any happier...i think NOT Them Crooked Vultures 923342 Them Crooked Vultures 923342 Them Crooked Vultures 923342 Them Crooked Vultures 923342
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:39 pm

I haven't been so happy about an ENTIRE cd in a long time - I can't get enough of this - I hear it in my sleep, sticks in yer head so bad in a good way cheers
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:10 am

Tour dates - they were here on the 10th Sad

o
o Feb
o New York, New York, US
o February 06, 2010
o Saturday Night Live / SNL

o
o Feb
o Charlotte, North Carolina, US
o February 10, 2010
o The Fillmore Charlotte

o
o Feb
o Austin, Texas, US
o February 13, 2010
o Austin City Limits Studios

o
o Mar
o London, GB
o March 22, 2010
o Royal Albert Hall

o
o Apr
o Indio, California, US
o April 16, 2010
o Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
Back to top Go down
carter

carter

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 am

I had to miss the Charlotte show, too. 5 hour drive, one way. Mad
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

we thought about coachella but its a few hundred for tickets....guess we will be sitting that one out too Them Crooked Vultures Icon_sad
they did just go thru here but we were clueless
Back to top Go down
carter

carter

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Coachella has a lineup sent first-class from awesome
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:

censored? In Germany? Shocked
that's um....not cool. No
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 am

carter wrote:
Coachella has a lineup sent first-class from awesome

i agree.....
some years its so hit and miss...
we saw Tool and RAtm at coachella once Them Crooked Vultures Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 pm

elektriklady wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:

censored? In Germany? Shocked
that's um....not cool. No

So you can't buy it or receive it as a gift in the mail? Cool
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:37 am

Them Crooked Vultures 568442 Them Crooked Vultures 37690 Them Crooked Vultures 555856 Them Crooked Vultures 551822 Them Crooked Vultures 35488 Them Crooked Vultures 110871 Them Crooked Vultures 896284 Them Crooked Vultures 587901 Them Crooked Vultures 9906 Them Crooked Vultures 923342 Them Crooked Vultures 342182 Them Crooked Vultures 329538 Them Crooked Vultures 464826
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Them Crooked Vultures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: