HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News

Go down 
+4
Bogle the Dark Angel
wattage
QOTR
OverMe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OverMe

OverMe

Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Empty
PostSubject: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:38 am

Saturday, January 30, 2010
Update on the guys.
Hey everybody,

It's about time a quick rundown was put out about the status of Down and it's individual members.

First, the good news is Down has tentative plans to meet in New Orleans shortly after the Super Bowl to map out 2010. This includes solidifying plans to record and release a 4th full length album! In the meantime, 4 of the 5 guys are celebrating the Saints' first Super Bowl berth. The 5th guy has to settle for celebrating the Cowboy's first playoff win in a looong time. We'll keep you up to date.

In alphabetical order:

Philip Anselmo: Hard at work with his record label; Housecore records, developing bands such as Warbeast and Evil Army. There are also plans to re-release the Crowbar albums through Housecore! Check out The Housecore Record's website.

Philip has also issued a statement on the Saints:
26-Jan-10
Philip: "On March the Saints"
Unbelievable! We shocked the world! Congrats to our New Orleans Saints, the coaches, the staff, the general manager and the owners!!! Even before this season started, just looking at the roster, I had an insane feeling this year could be THE year! Everyone knows how powerful our offense is, but the defensive side of the ball is underrated!!! Look at the post-season stats!!!

This has been, and will continue to be a season of destiny... there's just too many parallels to count here, but it all adds up: we have arrived! The Mighty NO Saints have cut the heads off two legends (Warner and Farve), now it's time to decapitate the third; one of our own hometown kids, Payton Manning. BRING IT BROTHER!!!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE F-ING SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!
As for perfection in parallels, I can't think of any other words more suitable than...
ON MARCH THE SAINTS!!!!!!!!"
-Philip

Jimmy Bower: Jimmy toured with his other band EYEHATEGOD through the U.S. on a recent tour that ended in December. They have a show scheduled February 5 in Metairie, Louisiana, and then kick of a tour of Europe for April and May. For more, check out the EYEHATEGOD page.

Rex Brown: There's has been a lot of talk about the surgeries for pancreatitis that kept him off the last Down tour. Rex has issued an update:
"After two major surgeries to close out 2009, I have recovered from pancreatitis and am looking forward to getting back to work with Down. I'd like to thank everyone for their support and well wishes during my illness and recovery."
Back in November, this photo of Rex sufaced on the net:

It is of Rex in a studio somewhere in Texas with producer Terry Date (Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display). Much mystery surrounds this photo because of how recent it is. Hopefully we'll get a scoop soon.

Pepper Keenan: Well remeber this classic:

Well, Pepper is proud to announce that early in the afternoon of January 5th, 2010, he and longtime girlfriend Anna Hrnjak welcomed their baby girl into the world. Flannery Rose Keenan was born a healthy 8 lb. 10 oz. Both Anna & Flannery are doing amazing.
COC has no new specific news to report as of yet, but COC is far from over.

Kirk Windstein: Kirk does have some plans to be active in Kingdom Of Sorrow this year which is a band he's in with his good friend Jamey Jasta (Hatebreed). The big deal though surrounds his band Crowbar which will put out re-releases of the back catalogue, a new live album, and a new full length studio album! Kirk also just released this new bio for Crowbar 2010:
1989. That's over 20 long years ago. Countless memories. Some still vivid,most just a blur. The one constant thing has been my focus and desire. The same vision i had in '89 is still burning strong in my head. Possibly stronger than ever. When you put this much blood, sweat and tears into something you can never look back.
Fueled by the down-tuned sludge of the Melvins and the over-the-top aggression of Peter Steele's Carnivore, i set out to create my own beast and Crowbar was born.
The band's sound was labeled Doom-Core by the European press shortly after the debut release of OBEDIENCE THRU SUFFERING. I found it to be quite fitting then and still do honestly.
Crowbar have released 8 full length cd's, the second selling over 100,000 units worldwide. We threw in a live EP and a few compilations for good measure and that's where we stand today.
Anyone who knows Crowbar is familiar with the numerous label and line-up changes over the years. I couldn't be more happy with the group of guys in our current lineup. In terms of musicianship, loyalty and friendship, this is our strongest lineup to date. Period.
As i am typing this, we are furiously writing a new full length for you. We will also be re-releasing most of our back catalog and a new live full length thru Housecore records.
I've lived a thousand life times over the course of the last 20+ years, but this old dog's got a lot more than you think left in the tank!
KIRK 1/28/10
Stay tuned to http://www.crowbarmusic.com for more news and new site coming soon!

......and there's the word on the street.

Check out http://www.rocknrollheavyweights.com for good deals on Down, COC, Crowbar, Pantera shirts and more, including many designs you can't get anywhere else.

Last edited by OverMe on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks! Of course the highlight of the article for me is the statement that COC is not dead.

Keeping the faith metal
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 pm

GREAT NEWS ON ALL ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God DAMN , nigga cant WAIT bounce bounce

AND LIVE FUCKIN' CROWBAR Shocked bounce bounce

down down down down down down down

"Im A BROTHER...STONE COLD TRUE"
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 pm

QOTR wrote:
Keeping the faith metal

Bon Jovi ????????? Suspect affraid geek silent Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! stoney luff
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:00 pm

shore! I like me some Bon Jovi now and then.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Quote :
but COC is far from over.

Embarassed I just peed myself a little Embarassed
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:04 pm

the DVD is finally coming out Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Affraid Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers

labattblueleaf wrote:
FRANKIE just sent me this on Facebook:

Quote :
BACK OF THE DIGI
DVD: DIARY OF A MAD BAND
1. Lysergic Funeral Procession
2. Lifer
3. Losing All
4. Rehab
5. New Orleans Is A Dying Whore
6. Ghosts Along The Mississippi
7. Learn From This Mistake
8. Underneath Everything
9. Temptation’s Wings
10. Something On My Side
11. Hail The Leaf
12. Lies
13. The Seed
14. Eyes Of The South
15. Jail
16. Stone The Crows
17. Bury Me In Smoke

BONUS DVD FEATURETTE
“Tyrades And Shananigans” behind-the-scenes

Approx DVD Running Time: 130 Minutes

CD: LIVE AT THE ASTORIA THEATRE
1. Losing All
2. Lifer
3. Lysergic Funeral Procession
4. Rehab
5. Temptations Wings
8. Hail The Leaf
9. New Orleans Is A Dying Whore
10. Lies, I Don't Know What They Say But...
11. Underneath Everything
12. The Seed
13. Eyes Of The South
14. Jail
15. Stone The Crows
16. Bury Me In Smoke

http://shop.relapse.com/store/product.aspx?ProductID=37395
you can pre order ur copy THERE^^^^^^^^

SAKKKKKKKKKK--------- do NOT buy it.
we already have urs taken care of compliments of ======= Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 9906 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 640476

Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:08 pm

oh...and the release date is MARCH 23!!!!!!!!! Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:50 pm

watt1 Nigga' will defanantly be buying this even if he has to skip out of grocerys that week. eyecant fuckin WAIT!!!!!

down down down
Back to top Go down
sakblabbath

sakblabbath

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 pm

13thAngel wrote:
the DVD is finally coming out Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Affraid Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_cheers

labattblueleaf wrote:
FRANKIE just sent me this on Facebook:

Quote :
BACK OF THE DIGI
DVD: DIARY OF A MAD BAND
1. Lysergic Funeral Procession
2. Lifer
3. Losing All
4. Rehab
5. New Orleans Is A Dying Whore
8. Underneath Everything
9. Temptation’s Wings
10. Something On My Side
11. Hail The Leaf
12. Lies
13. The Seed
14. Eyes Of The South
15. Jail
16. Stone The Crows
17. Bury Me In Smoke

BONUS DVD FEATURETTE
“Tyrades And Shananigans” behind-the-scenes

Approx DVD Running Time: 130 Minutes

CD: LIVE AT THE ASTORIA THEATRE
1. Losing All
2. Lifer
3. Lysergic Funeral Procession
4. Rehab
5. Temptations Wings
8. Hail The Leaf
9. New Orleans Is A Dying Whore
10. Lies, I Don't Know What They Say But...
11. Underneath Everything
12. The Seed
13. Eyes Of The South
14. Jail
15. Stone The Crows
16. Bury Me In Smoke

http://shop.relapse.com/store/product.aspx?ProductID=37395
you can pre order ur copy THERE^^^^^^^^

SAKKKKKKKKKK--------- do NOT buy it.
we already have urs taken care of compliments of ======= Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 9906 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 640476

Rite fuckin on

Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 568442 Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News 969632
metal
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_twisted i did it for ALL the pains in my asses
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 pm

never mind

Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_evil Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_evil Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_evil Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_evil Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_evil Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_evil

i just got this email

Quote :
The current status of your order is On Pre-Order
.Order notes:

The Down DVD/CD that was initially set for a 03.23 release has been
put on hold, and unfortunately, we don't know what the new release date
is at this time. if you would like to cancel this order, please let us
know. Otherwise, this will remain on pre-order for you.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 pm

WTF?
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Godfuckindamnit hurry up I want this Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:17 pm

VERY cool - all Hail Drew Lowry - good vox - he's only gonna get better and better ... mebbe they should get him in Down and get shot of Anselmo ..... Razz bounce cheers geek Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News   Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down/Crowbar/KOS/COC News
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: