HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~~HENDRIX~~

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
newmoon

newmoon

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:47 pm

So his "new" album will drop tomorrow.

~~HENDRIX~~ Home_von_preview

Valleys of Neptune
TRACK LISTINGS:

1.Stone Free

2.Valleys Of Neptune

3.Bleeding Heart

4.Hear My Train A Comin'

5.Mr. Bad Luck

6.Sunshine Of Your Love

7.Lover Man

8.Ships Passing Through The Night

9.Fire

10.Red House

11.Lullaby For The Summer

12.Crying Blue Rain

Info & Etc...
http://www.jimihendrix.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:21 pm

I'll give it a good listen before byung, in order to make sure it's not a ripoff.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Im sure its all mostly alternate takes, etc. Ive heard all of those songs, but they may be different versions, Still wanna hear it. Im awaiting unreleased Live recordings (Jimi's best stuff was always live. Just a matter of being good recordings. Even some of his "not so great" live shows were good in my book. (Isle Of Wight for example).

I wish someone had good audio from Maui '70. What there is, had to be touched up (and mitch's drun tracks re-done in a studio after). It was a spur of the moment thing, and was SUPER windy that day. (in the vids you can see it. All that foam on the mics, etc) .
A shame, because he was in a good mood that day. The better his mood, the better he played. At Isle of Wight he was in a bad mood (I think he KNEW the end was near and just didnt give a fuck). The cool thing about that show, was you could hear his anger / frustration in his playing. There were sound issues / gear issues that night. He still shined though. Always did ~~HENDRIX~~ 32099 (and always will ~~HENDRIX~~ 76481 )
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:27 pm

metal
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 am

Anyone heard it yet?
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:16 pm

There was a site that plays the whole Valleys of Neptune song -Spin something or other - there was nothing that jumped out as great about it - well its Jimi so its all great - but it was a linear Typical Jimi tune.

Found it - listen for yourself

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/28/jimi-hendrix-valleys-of-neptune-song-premiere/
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:27 pm

newmoon wrote:
There was a site that plays the whole Valleys of Neptune song -Spin something or other - there was nothing that jumped out as great about it - well its Jimi so its all great - but it was a linear Typical Jimi tune.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/28/jimi-hendrix-valleys-of-neptune-song-premiere/

thanx...I rather enjoyed that. I'm a diehard Hendrix fan...and an elektrik lady... Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

elektriklady wrote:
newmoon wrote:

thanx...I rather enjoyed that. I'm a diehard Hendrix fan...and an elektrik lady... Laughing

Ya know I've thought that's what your name referenced -but also thought it may have been a obscure COC reference (They've recorded at Electric Lady Studios NY) since it was on the COC board where I first saw ya....

I psyched for the Sunshine of your Love cheers Cool a wee Cream makes everything smooth
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 pm

a good friend in high school named me that...um...30 some years ago? What a Face
Back in the day when CB radios were popular he gave me that "handle"...and well, it stuck.
(yes, before the PC and the internet were invented)
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 am

elektriklady wrote:
a good friend in high school named me that...um...30 some years ago? What a Face
Back in the day when CB radios were popular he gave me that "handle"...and well, it stuck.

~~HENDRIX~~ Radio_1921_630px
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:57 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
elektriklady wrote:

~~HENDRIX~~ Radio_1921_630px

Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 am

it's a music hookah cheers
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:41 pm

[quote="StoneyMaroney"]
elektriklady wrote:
Laughing Nice! I was in high school some...um...30 years ago too. What a Face

It's a great CD...bought it the day it came out! watt

There aren't many "new" songs on there...but Valley's of Neptune and "Crying Blue Rain" are sweet to listen to 'cause they were never released.

Wattttage...I have some live Hendrix bootlegs ........ lemmy see what I have at home. (if I can find it) ...but on my iPod I have

"The Jimi Hendrix Concerts" songs from

Winterland/San Fran Oct 1968
San Diego 1969
Randall's Island 1970
Royal Albert Hall 1969
Berkeley 1970
L.A. 1969
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:49 pm

[quote="Dakota"]
StoneyMaroney wrote:
elektriklady wrote:
Laughing Nice! I was in high school some...um...30 years ago too. What a Face

It's a great CD...bought it the day it came out! watt

There aren't many "new" songs on there...but Valley's of Neptune and "Crying Blue Rain" are sweet to listen to 'cause they were never released.

Wattttage...I have some live Hendrix bootlegs ........ lemmy see what I have at home. (if I can find it) ...but on my iPod I have

"The Jimi Hendrix Concerts" songs from

Winterland/San Fran Oct 1968
San Diego 1969
Randall's Island 1970
Royal Albert Hall 1969
Berkeley 1970
L.A. 1969

If I send you some discs, could you put em on there for me? I have no access to d0wnl0ad anything right now. If you could, I'd REALLY appreciate it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:12 pm

wattage wrote:

If I send you some discs, could you put em on there for me? I have no access to d0wnl0ad anything right now. If you could, I'd REALLY appreciate it. cheers

Hell yeh!! Will do!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm

cheers Fuck yeah! That means I get them too!!!!!! cheers

Yea Dakota cheers

watt
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Cool cheers
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:30 pm

EYEEEE YIII YIIII... did not ferrrgit! I had to use the iPod recover thingamajig 'cause I couldn't find the CD! D 'OH! Soooooooo it's on iTunes and shall be burned ASAP.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:36 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:36 pm

IN THE MAIL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:17 am

Heyyyyy loverly peeps..did you ever get the CD?? Jus' checkin' 'cause that would be ass if the postal worker took it.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

OOPS!!

YES!! GOTT IT!!! I thought I sent a PM back letting you know it showed up, but I musta messed iit up.

(I still aint got a way to play it)

I'll get it figured out.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

~~HENDRIX~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~HENDRIX~~   ~~HENDRIX~~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~~HENDRIX~~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-