HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COC---mini west coast tour

Go down 
+5
Doctor Acula
iyloma
QOTR
Hoss
13thAngel
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
13thAngel

13thAngel

COC---mini west coast tour Empty
PostSubject: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:14 pm

06/18/10
COC on Southern Lord mini-tour.
Southern Lord Recordings is proud to announce a West Coast
mini-tour, featuring several SL artists as well as some very special
opening and headlining guests.

Running from August 8th through 12th, the three-show tour features
Southern Lord artists Eagle Twin, Black Breath and the return of
Goatsnake. All of this is in addition to the headliner for the
festivities; the recently reunited circa-1986 Animosity album lineup of
Corrosion Of Conformity, featuring Woody Weatherman on guitar, Mike Dean
on bass and vocals, and Reed Mullin on drums! The tour will also
showcase openers Righteous Fool featuring Mike and Reed from C.O.C.

The string of dates kick off in Los Angeles at the Southern Lord
sponsored The Power Of The Riff Festival, featuring this tour's full
lineup as well as countless other brutal acts including Repulsion, Trap
Them, Nails, From Ashes Rise and more. The full lineup and info behind
the fest will be announced soon.

Southern Lord West Coast Mini Tour:

8/08/2010 Echo and Echoplex - Los Angeles, CA @ The Power of
the Riff Fest

8/10/2010 DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA
[buy tickets]

8/12/2010 o's - Seattle, WA [buy
tickets]

Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 am

Updated list of tour dates...

07/30/2010 Asheville NC @ Stella Blue
07/31/2010 Raleigh NC @ The Pour House
08/08/2010 Echo and Echoplex - Los Angeles, CA @ The Power of the Riff Fest
08/10/2010 DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA
08/12/2010 Neumo's - Seattle, WA
08/13/2010 Austin, TX @ Emo's
08/14/2010 Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater

I will be at the Austin show... coc
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 am

COC---mini west coast tour 66860 um still waiting for tix go go on sale
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks Hoss!
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Something for Krissi... Wink

RIOT FEST wrote:
RIOT FEST 2010 WITH BAD RELIGION, BOSSTONES, CIRCLE JERKS, ARTICLES OF FAITH AND TONS MORE

COC---mini west coast tour 2010_01

Bad Religion, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Circle Jerks, Articles of Faith, Snapcase, Less Than Jake, The Lawrence Arms, Bouncing Souls, Corrosion of Conformity (Animosity lineup), High on Fire, Smoking Popes, "Busted At Oz" Reunion, Cro-Mags, Fun, Negative Approach, RedOktoberFest presented By Red Scare, Zero Boys, Riverboat Gamblers, Bhopal Stiffs, The Meatmen, Agnostic Front, Off With Their Heads, Brendan Kelly, The Toasters, Roy Ellis aka Mr. Symarip, Mr. T Bone, Easy Action, Shot Baker, Cobra Skulls, Eastern Standard Time, The Flatliners, The Copyrights, Banner Pilot, The Dopamines, Have Nots, The Brokedowns, Explode and Make Up, Vultures United, Mother of Mercy, New Lows, Green Room Rockers, Whut?, Righteous Fool, DJ Chuck Wren, The Infected, X Is For Eyes and many more to be announced

Venues: Congress Theater, House of Blues, Metro, Bottom Lounge, Double Door, Subterranean, Cobra Lounge.

Click here to purchase tickets. Limited amount of five day passes for Riot Fest 2010 go on sale Saturday July 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM CST. The price of $115 includes all 21 shows. These will sell out quick so don't delay.
Individual Day Tickets and Three-Day passes will be available soon.

from http://www.riotfest.org/
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:14 pm

i am still in shock that i get to go to this lil shin-dig FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE COC---mini west coast tour Icon_cheers COC---mini west coast tour Icon_bounce COC---mini west coast tour Icon_cheers

its gunna be awesome COC---mini west coast tour 774567
Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 am

iyloma wrote:

RIOT FEST wrote:
RIOT FEST 2010 WITH BAD RELIGION, BOSSTONES, CIRCLE JERKS, ARTICLES OF FAITH AND TONS MORE

Bad Religion, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Circle Jerks, Articles of Faith, Snapcase, Less Than Jake, The Lawrence Arms, Bouncing Souls, Corrosion of Conformity (Animosity lineup), High on Fire, Smoking Popes, "Busted At Oz" Reunion, Cro-Mags, Fun, Negative Approach, RedOktoberFest presented By Red Scare, Zero Boys, Riverboat Gamblers, Bhopal Stiffs, The Meatmen, Agnostic Front, Off With Their Heads, Brendan Kelly, The Toasters, Roy Ellis aka Mr. Symarip, Mr. T Bone, Easy Action, Shot Baker, Cobra Skulls, Eastern Standard Time, The Flatliners, The Copyrights, Banner Pilot, The Dopamines, Have Nots, The Brokedowns, Explode and Make Up, Vultures United, Mother of Mercy, New Lows, Green Room Rockers, Whut?, Righteous Fool, DJ Chuck Wren, The Infected, X Is For Eyes and many more to be announced

Venues: Congress Theater, House of Blues, Metro, Bottom Lounge, Double Door, Subterranean, Cobra Lounge.

Click here to purchase tickets. Limited amount of five day passes for Riot Fest 2010 go on sale Saturday July 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM CST. The price of $115 includes all 21 shows. These will sell out quick so don't delay.

Some awesome bands there! Riverboat Gamblers are from Austin. I saw them open for X and Rollins Band a few years back. Amazing energy. metal
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:08 pm

Woody speaks... I missed his voice!! Razz

https://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=106492446060516&share_id=106047329448854&comments=1#s106047329448854

... and more dates announced!

COC.com wrote:
07/05/10 More Dates added.

REUNITED “ANIMOSITY” ERA LINE-UP PLAYS FIRST SHOWS IN OVER TWO DECADES Raleigh, N.C., July 26 -- Corrosion of Conformity have added three new dates to their previously announced tour dates: Oct. 7 at Starland Ballroom (Sayreville, N.J.), Oct. 8 at Chicago’s Riot Fest and Oct. 10 at Highline Ballroom in New York City.

With the twenty-fifth anniversary of the classic “Animosity” album approaching, the original incarnation of Corrosion of Conformity (Woody Weatherman, Mike Dean and Reed Mullin) will play their first live shows in over twenty years with the tour kick-off this week in Asheville, N.C.

The reunited trio announced earlier this month that they have recorded a new seven-inch single, “Your Tomorrow (Parts 1 and 2),” which will be available at all upcoming tour dates and via Southern Lord’s website.

Righteous Fool, featuring Mike Dean and Reed Mullin, will open all dates with other openers including Zoroaster (Asheville), Eagle Twin (Aug. 8 – 10), Black Breath (Aug. 8 – 10), Black Tusk (Raleigh), U.S. Christmas (both N.C. dates), Iron Age (Austin) and very special guests for the October dates to be announced.

from http://www.coc.com/news/2010/0726.htm

Wonder who are the very special guests for the October dates Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Saw Iron Age open for EHG. They fuckin' rip. metal
Back to top Go down
Doctor Acula

Doctor Acula

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:47 am

seattle! can't wait
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:59 pm

iyloma wrote:

RIOT FEST wrote:

LOVE YOU!!! affraid affraid I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sakblabbath

sakblabbath

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 am

COC---mini west coast tour COC-a-lantern-2

coc THURSDAY SEATTLE coc Im so fuckin ready for this metal metal metal metal metal
Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Friday. coc metal
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:47 pm

See ya there Slop!
Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:30 pm

QOTR wrote:
See ya there Slop!
COC---mini west coast tour Emot-neckbeard
Yes ma'am!
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:44 am

Saw them last night. Best show I have seen in ages! Funny thing is I saw them 25 years ago with the exact line up doing the same songs! I still know every word like no time has passed at all. LOL!

This was a real gift to old school COC fans. Go see them if you get the chance...it's different than what most "new" COC fans are used to (I am guessing) but at least you can see why they are still legends in the hardcore punk scene.

By the way, new to me is anyone 40 or younger. tongue

Rightous Fool delivered big time! They were worth the price of ticket alone. Pure talent!
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 pm

I loved Righteous Fool!! I hope they take that on a full-fledged tour.

I am definitely in the "new" category of COC fan. I didn't jump on the fun train until the Deliverance era, so I wasn't familiar with any of the individual tunes they played last night (other than the new ones that have been posted recently). It is a different style of course, but what I do love about the sound is that I could have been walking by the venue and heard that and known it was COC. Does that make sense?
Anyway, it was great to see them. And really, is there anyone cooler than Woody?? I just love watching him play.

Also, we got to see Joe/Slop/Hoss again! [You're such a genuinely nice guy. We're always happy to run into you. Sorry we didn't see you at the end of the night. We snuck off before they wrapped it up. I guess a combination of the heat, beer, smoke, and lack of sleep caught up with me resulting in a blinding headache that I'm still kicking this morning. Hopefully we'll get to see you & Erin at Fun Fun Fun!]

Oh - and one really nice thing I witnessed. There were some young metal heads in line ahead of us at the door. First in line and very eager. After we were in and settled, I saw them approach the stage to talk to Reed while setup was going on. He sat down and talked to them for quite a while and then he led them over to the merch booth and gave them each a t-shirt. They played it cool until he turned to leave and then they just lit up in crazy grins and took off running to change into their new shirts. Super cute.
Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Such an awesome show!!! I had a blast. It was all around epic! Highlights for me were "Mad World" and "Green Manalishi". Low point, stupid drunk girl next to me that kept yelling for "Albatross" and *sigh* "Bury Me In Smoke". Some people just don't get it... Laughing No
QOTR wrote:

Also, we got to see Joe/Slop/Hoss again! [You're such a genuinely nice guy. We're always happy to run into you. Sorry we didn't see you at the end of the night. We snuck off before they wrapped it up. I guess a combination of the heat, beer, smoke, and lack of sleep caught up with me resulting in a blinding headache that I'm still kicking this morning. Hopefully we'll get to see you & Erin at Fun Fun Fun!]
It was great to see you guys too! I looked around a bit at the end of the night to say goodbye, but figured y'all slipped out before me. Can't wait till November, and surely hope we get to hang out again. Y'all are awesome! metal drunk
Back to top Go down
Doctor Acula

Doctor Acula

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:49 pm

yeah righteous fool was incredible. ALMOST stole the show from COC, who were incredible.....
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for the stories, guys!! I really really wish they'll play Europe at a certain point, I'm dying to see them!

Btw, anyone can answer it? I've read somewhere that also the single vinyl of RF is supposed to be sold at those gigs, is it true?
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah, all they had was COC t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Acula

Doctor Acula

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 am

yes i picked up the righteous fool single forever flames b/w edict of worms

$4 (as was the COC, but they were giving that one away for free!
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Doctor Acula wrote:
yes i picked up the righteous fool single forever flames b/w edict of worms

$4 (as was the COC, but they were giving that one away for free!
drool
Back to top Go down
Doctor Acula

Doctor Acula

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 am

they are BOTh now up at the southern lord store
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:26 am

Yeah...When I bought a ticket to the COC show, the guy gave me the new record with the actual ticket. He said it comes with the ticket no extra charge. I was surprised. First, I didn't even know it was out, second, it was being handed to me at no charge. (other than the ticket price)

When I went to the show, I saw some guy/employee taking tickets at the entry and giving each person a record. I think it was for the people who bought their tickets online.

Anyway, I was at a record shop when I got mine. I bought some Fu Manchu to listen to on the way home. I can't shove a 7" record in my CD player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COC---mini west coast tour   COC---mini west coast tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COC---mini west coast tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: