HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Haunz

Haunz

Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums Empty
PostSubject: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:30 pm

… with new artwork and »modern sounds and tones« - whatever that means!

I'm looking forward! I didn't really like the sound of the albums anyway Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums 989565

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142174
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

While taking a shit on the "modern sounds" (these albums don't need any kind of remaster, much less something aimed to sound "modern"),#
I applaud the plans to change artworks. Pantera was one of the few bands to release absolute groundbreaking masterpieces with ugly covers.
Even ignoring the semi-gay four-year old drawings of projects in the jungle and Powermetal (those albums weren't real Pantera class yet anyway), some of them covers suck the big one. I can't get over the censored Whiskey bottle on the cover of Reinventing No Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 am

just put the old cds in the new cases Laughing Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums 989565
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 am

or just stick the songs on yer iPod and never look at the cds again ...

I do agree with Stoney though - there were some truly NAFF covers for albums back then ... It's always that little bit better if you have some amazing artwork to pour over when yer listening to an album - it adds to the impressions you make of the package.

Of course, I'm a YES fan, and love all the Roger Dean artwork, which kinda takes that to another level .... cheers

anyway ... moving on ...
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 am

Yeah, that's why I can't get into downloading.
I'm into nice artworks, too, big time.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Same here, which is why it annoys me even more that so many albums have totally crappy packaging!

What happened to the Sgt. Peppers, the Lateraluses, the Zep IIIs, or the Leviathans? Those were great pieces of art where what you saw actually reflected what you heard!

drool

Not only does the industry kill the music by cranking up the RMS, they also kill the artist by not paying him/her shit and they finish their job by putting it into crappy packages with zero artwork.

Fuck that!
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:20 pm

I have to admit that what excites me the most about these re-issues is...

Quote :
You did bring up the P word. You have the Cowboys from Hell 20th anniversary coming out. How involved were you with the reissue?

I was pretty involved, man. There were always questions as to artwork and they asked me to do some kind of write up stuff, memory lane type stuff for the record. Everything that was passed my way had to be approved by Rex and Vince as well. In a vicarious way, I’m working with Vinnie Paul again, which makes me feel kinda good. So I had a hand in all of this.
from http://www.metalinsider.net/interviews/phil-anselmo-on-housecore-solo-material-and-the-oil-spill

Besides this, well, I remember being a child and buying those cd's as soon as they were released... the original, no matter if they were no perfect, have a special meaning to me, I can't help it. But it seems they're working hard on these re-issues and making them worth buying! Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums 989565
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Wonder what they'll sound like?

I can see the album art thing. I liked the FBD and TGSTK covers. CFH Laughing Laughing Laughing That one was cheese-dick. VDOP looked cool to me when I was 15-16 years old, but looks corn ball now to me. RITS album art was meh. The old-school / pre "cowboys" album covers ..oh my god lol! (then again-pre CFH PanterA wasnt much anyways. God I LOATHE the fuckin' 80's Laughing )

I still hope some day that Phillip and Vince could some how talk to each other. Maybe them working together "vicariously" on this could be a small step towards that. dime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums   Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atlantic Records re-releases Pantera albums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: