HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Down with Pep on vox

Go down 
+5
StoneyMaroney
QOTR
iyloma
newmoon
wattage
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

Down with Pep on vox Empty
PostSubject: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Do you think Down would be more enjoyable / pleasant to the ears with Pepper on vocals? No screaming. No shrieking. Good vocals and the riff? down
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:16 pm

wattage wrote:
Do you think Down would be more enjoyable / pleasant to the ears with Pepper on vocals? No screaming. No shrieking. Good vocals and the riff? down

YES

What a Face
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Well, it would be NO Down.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be good -- I'm a PJKGAF rabbit, you know what his voice does on us Embarassed Razz, right Krissah? Wink
But it wouldn't be Down. I like my Down with screaming and shrieking down
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm

I say yes to anything that includes Pep on vox.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:08 pm

I'd ask at downtown, but I'd get banned. Laughing

Some of the stuff he sings isnt so bad, but I grew out of the screaming thing along time ago. Luckilly the Riff and the bottom end is so good I can zone out on them and ignore the vocals.

Hopefully the next album has less of it. I hate to say it, but Im glad he cant do as much screaming shit anymore Laughing
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:14 am

wattage wrote:

Some of the stuff he sings isnt so bad, but I grew out of the screaming thing along time ago. Luckilly the Riff and the bottom end is so good I can zone out on them and ignore the vocals.

Hopefully the next album has less of it. I hate to say it, but Im glad he cant do as much screaming shit anymore Laughing
You mean A-N-S-E-L-M-O? You know, you can type his name, I'm quite sure your pc won't explode! Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:29 am

wattage wrote:

From my experience with covering songs: If a part was written for a rhythm guitarist who does not sing at the same time,
it's gonna be hard to play and sing if you do both simultaneously.
Took me quite while to learn to play and sing Eyes fo the South at the same time, and Eyes of the South is probably the easiest of all Down songs.
There's some Down songs I'm sure would be impossible to paly that way.
Pep said he enjoyed playing that role int he band, concentrating on the guitar completely, it's a different, more relaxed job where you got your mind free
for jamming rather than being chained to a mic stand.
PLUS I love Phil's vocals
PLUS Pep knows a band where he could sing, and we all do Smile (and encourage him to do so again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 am

QOTR wrote:
I say yes to anything that includes Pep on vox.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:56 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
PLUS Pep knows a band where he could sing, and we all do Smile (and encourage him to do so again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I love you lol!
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:55 pm

iyloma wrote:
wattage wrote:

You mean A-N-S-E-L-M-O? You know, you can type his name, I'm quite sure your pc won't explode! Laughing Wink

Razz
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:20 pm

i think if Phil sang like he did w/Pantera i could go along with the idea.
but i dont htink that he does and i cant even picture Pep singing all the time for DOWN.

what i would LOVE to see is some random trading off on vox.....
like COC does...infinate war for example.
i would love if maybe 1 song on each disk had Peppah singing and maybe a bit more support vox from him.
but i would have to vote no if this were a poll alien
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:46 pm

13thAngel wrote:
...infinate war...
:

GOD that song pawns stoney
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:39 pm

anselmo's a great singer and fits just fine with down … down with pepper on vocals would be in the arms of god, not?
Back to top Go down
carter

carter

Location : Cape Fear/Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach/Southeast tip of NC

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 pm

I just want more COC
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:18 pm

I had to force myself to not learn anymore COC stuff because I got to where it was "influencing" things too much. The past few mos, Ive started listening to em a bit differently.

I'd give my left nut for new COC material. Im still diggin the vids Vince sent me cheers

I wouldnt want Pep singin for Down all the time, but theres a hand full of songs I think he woulda absolutely KILLED on, had he been singing. I do hope that on DOWN IV that maybe they utilize some of his vox. He's hands down in my top 5 vocalists .

Carter,

Do you still have that drawing you used to have as an AV that you did? (the blueish/greenish flying COC skull? If ya got it, PM me a copy of it. ))
Back to top Go down
carter

carter

Location : Cape Fear/Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach/Southeast tip of NC

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 pm

I didn't draw it, LayneNugget did, and she threw a bitchfit over it Laughing
I still have it, I'll dig around for it and send it to ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down with Pep on vox   Down with Pep on vox I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down with Pep on vox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: