HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why today sucks

Go down 
+15
sakblabbath
firebaugh
dreamsfade
Krissah
Hoss
wattage
the B
Haunz
13thAngel
elektriklady
StoneyMaroney
QOTR
newmoon
Berzerker
Bogle the Dark Angel
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

Why today sucks - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Well, KFC's not my favorite anymore, to be sure Very Happy
The mistakes crawl in as soon as I start talking about special stuff like medical terms...
So what are the correct forms?
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 pm

for the last couple of months, if you take research and preparation into account rather years, i was working on a project.

it's goal was to make news understandable. understandable for everyone.

i put quite some effort into this.

a couple of days ago i got a phone call from the mother of my collegue who was working with me on the project.

he had a skiing accident and came into intensive care.

he now has a bunch of metal in his body and is, according to circumstances, depressed. he is through the worst though.

i'm happy nothing worse happened. i talked to him today for the first time since the accident. he seems ok.

the project had it though. at least for now.

this leaves me with mixed feelings to say at least.

but i will finish this motherfucker – come whatever may.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Sorry for your friend, I think the project is a great idea though.
I've been complaining so often about the present situation, namely that news are not understandable for most of the people and the only understandable sources of "news" (Bildzeitung, etc) are simply owned by evil people whose only aim it is to manipulate. Most guys also don't have the time to do deeper research about politics and the like.
At the same time, some problems are too complicated to be phrased in in a short, understandable way.
The very moment you start to simplify, you are in danger to manipulate and publish your opinion rather than a close to neutral piece of news.
So it was high time someone tried to tackle this problem, hope you manage to make this a success.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 pm

some times i NEED to hear storied like this to help keep my own life in perspective. pale
i feel bad for your set back....but i am sure thats all it will be. you are a motivated d00d Haunz..... Why today sucks - Page 6 989565
hopefully it will turn out to be sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:08 am

yeah, thanks i guys. i too think that this is a goal worth pursuing.

in all honesty i'm pretty pissed off though by now.

i'll start my new job at austrias biggest news corporation in about three weeks and i would have loved to be able to present atleast a working prototype.

all i have now is an unfinished project and a cold.

fuck that Why today sucks - Page 6 373921
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Congrats on the job though!

My shoulder is officially killing me.
The first doctor was wrong. I went for an x-ray today and it's a full blown bursitis in my left shoulder.
When I had that little longbaord crash in the summer, my shoulder got hurt without me noticing because the other pain was stronger,
and the bone has developed a calcification that rubs inside the socket, finally causing this bursitis.

The doc said I should quit all meds since they won't help. It's daily electrotherapy for a week and then, if all goes well, physiotherapy, if it doesn't, CT and surgery.

The good thing is that exactly until March 25th, I have the best possible health insurance, after that I am switching to a cheap ass insurance that wouldn't cover any of this shit Laughing So yeah, I'll milk them for as long as I can sak
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 pm

A good PT can fix it. Don't do surgery if you can avoid it.
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 am

Haunz wrote:
for the last couple of months, if you take research and preparation into account rather years, i was working on a project.

it's goal was to make news understandable. understandable for everyone.

i put quite some effort into this.

a couple of days ago i got a phone call from the mother of my collegue who was working with me on the project.

he had a skiing accident and came into intensive care.

he now has a bunch of metal in his body and is, according to circumstances, depressed. he is through the worst though.

i'm happy nothing worse happened. i talked to him today for the first time since the accident. he seems ok.

the project had it though. at least for now.

this leaves me with mixed feelings to say at least.

but i will finish this motherfucker – come whatever may.

at this point, all I can say is don't give up. As far as I'm concerned, you should start your own media company. The truth always has set backs. People would rather live with lies. Sad but true. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's accident, but don't let it get your eyes off of what needs to be done. Today I drove to work thinking I should start a local media with regard to what happened to me today. I see the cops out ticketing people every morning on the way to work. If honest people got together, we might all make a difference, but the powers that be depend on "us" not doing anything about the current state of affairs.
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:50 am

Haunz wrote:
yeah, thanks i guys. i too think that this is a goal worth pursuing.

in all honesty i'm pretty pissed off though by now.

i'll start my new job at austrias biggest news corporation in about three weeks and i would have loved to be able to present atleast a working prototype.

all i have now is an unfinished project and a cold.

fuck that Why today sucks - Page 6 373921

you could always just go to work at "austria's biggest news corporation" and learn it from the inside out...or...learn it from the lies and the truth...and then just write a fucking book! More people would probably read that and perhaps you'd have a bigger influence that way.

Sorry about the cold. Eat some Human Soup! affraid
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 am

if you're interested in independent journalism i can again only recommend TheRealNews.com and DemocracyNow.org. both accept neither corporate nor state funding. creating your own local media is a lot of work so i would definitely get in touch with other people who share your interest – and there are many in the us!

unfortunately this is not the case in austria. we don't have anything like that, let alone a movement. the more i worked on my project the more i understood that a new media organisation really is needed. concerning the book, they gave me this big contract and the biggest part of it says that i'm basically not allowed to talk about anything, ever. so, i'll probably not write a book about it

Laughing

i'm not quite sure what i'm gonna do anyways. if all goes to plan i'll have my bachelor degree at the begining of next summer. don't know what to do then. of course, studying is an option. altough i often think wandering around in the balcans with my backpack full of books would be just as good. i don't know.

shrug
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 am

Berzerker wrote:
A good PT can fix it. Don't do surgery if you can avoid it.
Sure, I'm not too keen to get any kind of surgery done, and the doctor isn't either, he said.
I don't expect him to make that decision, he just explained all possibilities.
I wonder about that calcification though, as it looks like a little spike coming from the bone, and even if the inflammation goes away,
it's still gonna be there, isn't it...I don't like that little spike, I hope it doesn't keep being so annoying.
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Whoaaaa. Bone spikes - Awesome!!

Why today sucks - Page 6 COC_Skull

(does sound painful tho Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:51 pm

That sucks brah.

Im hoping that isnt what's wrong with my knees. I have a broe who had the same problems with his, and he had to have surgery. bone spurs . not cool.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:21 am

im on day 5 of not drinking. i swear i didnt want to drink a drink as much when i was drinkin as i want to when im not. its really got to all be in mah head Laughing
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 am

13thAngel wrote:
im on day 5 of not drinking. i swear i didnt want to drink a drink as much when i was drinkin as i want to when im not. its really got to all be in mah head Laughing

what?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:18 am

try reading it out loud slowly....it makes sense to me...and im not even drinking Laughing
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:20 am

I have read it out loud 10 times...and all I can say is...WHAT???

Laughing
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:45 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ....i guess u just dont speak Hopeanese
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:47 am

seriously Hope....no one can translate that...ever Yoda would be saying..."what?"
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:26 pm

It's like Dimebonics.
"The current abstinence amplifies my appetite for a drink"
cawfee

Same goes for me btw. I'm still not allowed to drink, and damn that's since Christmas.
You can't not drink on NYE, it's just morally wrong Mad
At our pub last night, I kept drinking alocohol-free cocktails Laughing
Pass me a drink already! drunk
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:39 pm

good for you hope Why today sucks - Page 6 989565

bad for you stones Why today sucks - Page 6 373921

postcount
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:19 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
It's like Dimebonics.
"The current abstinence amplifies my appetite for a drink"
Why today sucks - Page 6 743443

Same goes for me btw. I'm still not allowed to drink, and damn that's since Christmas.
You can't not drink on NYE, it's just morally wrong Mad
At our pub last night, I kept drinking alocohol-free cocktails Laughing
Pass me a drink already! Why today sucks - Page 6 716969

YESSSSS.....stoney speaks mah language Laughing Laughing Laughing

(imagine trying to follow me...when im drunk....hahaha....jaysis Laughing )
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Haunz wrote:
good for you hope Why today sucks - Page 6 989565

bad for you stones Why today sucks - Page 6 373921

Why today sucks - Page 6 607661

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(me either)
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:00 am

Berzerker wrote:
I am for sure in one of those valleys of depression. Never know when it is going to hit, but it has.

FUCK!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Got to snap out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dave - How you doin'??

Know totally how you feel ........ hope things are looking up kiss
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
They're much easier on pretty much everything, except the ears Laughing

lol! rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why today sucks   Why today sucks - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why today sucks
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next