HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

That one song

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

That one song Empty
PostSubject: That one song   That one song I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:10 am

Post one song of power and beauty that moves you like none other (if you're gay like me).
Mine would be Studying STones by Ani Difranco.
The song in itself is a lyrical and musical masterpiece and so full of emotion, truth and dignity that Ani could make a stone weep with it.
But on top of that, I connect memories to this of beauty, amazement and powerlessness, and the realization of some of the most basic truths of life.
I don't think I'll live to be old enough for this song not to touch me anymore.

metal
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

That one song Empty
PostSubject: Re: That one song   That one song I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 am

I couldn't pick a song but I can pick two specific versions of songs.

The first one is Amanda Palmer covering Creep at sound check before a show in Berlin last year. The day day before was a friend of her's birthday and she was extremely hung over at sound check. She had a bucket next to her on stage in case she needed to barf.
http://music.amandapalmer.net/track/creep-hungover-at-soundcheck-in-berlin

The second one is The Pogues cover of And the band Played Waltzing Matilda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPFjToKuZQM
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

That one song Empty
PostSubject: Re: That one song   That one song I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:14 am

I like this thread...I will have to think about this That one song 231335
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

That one song Empty
PostSubject: Re: That one song   That one song I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:44 am

I would have to say this is my song. The guitar solos have moved me to tears for 25 years now. I never get over it.
The lyrics and the whole feel of the song....I can't explain it...since I first heard it, it was my song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnSIOwmiCc

Iron Maiden - Strange World
It's hard to even consider this a Maiden song, because it's so different than anything they have ever done....and they seem to have left it behind them...never playing it live...which is a huge shame
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

That one song Empty
PostSubject: Re: That one song   That one song I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 am

firebaugh wrote:
I couldn't pick a song but...specific versions of songs.

Good call. I absolutely agree, being a big fan of the Ritchie Blackmore way of playing different every time, just how you feel. That is what music is about.
For Studying Stones, it's just that Ani captured sheer perfection in the studio already, despite being a brilliant live performer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That one song Empty
PostSubject: Re: That one song   That one song I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That one song
Page 1 of 1