HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gov't Mule

Go down 
+5
sakblabbath
Bogle the Dark Angel
iyloma
13thAngel
StoneyMaroney
9 posters
AuthorMessage
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:58 am

Well you know I'm gonna see Gov#t MUle and I'm damn excited about it alien
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:16 am

will this be your 1st time Stoney???

you know i just luff those guys...they are always on tour somewhere....you think they might get burned out or something but definitely NOT.....you wont be disappointed cheers
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:22 am

I'm so jealous! The Mule will play Milan on the 12th and I have to give it a big miss... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:01 pm

THE MULE are playing in London - Saturday 21st November ... and this will be my first time seeing them ... Thanks to Jan for the inspiration for me to look for tix, and extra thanks to SakB for getting me into the band, and extra thanks also to Rob n Hop, as I find myself thinking of them every time I play Gov't Mule - especially Soul Shine - which always makes me think of our lovely Hope drunken drunken drunken drunken lol!
Back to top Go down
sakblabbath

sakblabbath

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:38 am

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
THE MULE are playing in London - Saturday 21st November ... and this will be my first time seeing them ... Thanks to Jan for the inspiration for me to look for tix, and extra thanks to SakB for getting me into the band, and extra thanks also to Rob n Hop, as I find myself thinking of them every time I play Gov't Mule - especially Soul Shine - which always makes me think of our lovely Hope drunken drunken drunken drunken lol!

Ive introduced alot of people to this band, and not 1 has been let down cheers Ive seen em several times stoney and they get better every time metal
Back to top Go down
\swampman/
ThE oNlY sWaMp In ThE DeSeRt
\swampman/

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:39 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
Well you know I'm gonna see Gov#t MUle and I'm damn excited about it alien

Hell yeah Stoney! The Mule Ruuuule. You're gonna be like ----> Shocked jerkoff ......the whole time. Warren Haynes is a god. After the first time seeing you're gonna want to see them many, many, many more times. They play out here in cali a few times a year. You may as well just want to move your band out here so you can see them a lot more. Plus, you need a drummer anyway and I'm your man. Smile afro metal

whistle
Back to top Go down
https://humansoup.rpg-board.net
13thAngel

13thAngel

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:

aw.... that just gave me the warm fuzzies I love you

at least its not a song like ding dong the witch is dead that makes you think of me cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:14 pm

13thAngel wrote:
at least its not a song like ding dong the witch is dead that makes you think of me cheers Wink

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! THAT song always makes me think of our old boss/line-manager here at work - when he announced he was leaving (BTW - no-one really liked him, and we was all quite happy to see him go) one of my colleagues sent me a little cartoon thing of "Ding Dong, the witch is dead the witch is dead ....!!"" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i always think of sak when i hear clutchs....when vegans attack....
cuz he smokes american spirit ciggies..... not the lights like the song but u know watt i mean Wink What a Face
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:55 pm

13thAngel wrote:
will this be your 1st time Stoney???

you know i just luff those guys...they are always on tour somewhere....you think they might get burned out or something but definitely NOT.....you wont be disappointed cheers

Yep, I'm a Gov't Mule virgin sunny
I have a lot of GM records though and I can only imagine how cool they'll be live bounce
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:55 am

I'm just coming from the GM concert. The unthinkable happened.
Gov't Mule messed up, at least in my opinion. The order of the songs was rubbish, they made a half hour break
mid-set, followed by only one song and then a very very very long drum solo in three parts.
The long break in combination with the drum solo had such an anticlimactic effect on me that it completely ruined the gig.
Though being a fan of the Seventies, I will admit that I hate drum solos.
I mean, a drum solo in a song is cool, but everybody else leaving the stage and only one man playing for twenty minutes is always a bad idea, no matter what instrument and no matter how well it is played (the drummer ruled bigtime).

Thorazine Shuffle was cool, so weak so strong was cool, also the if six was nine and Whole lot of Love were cool covers, but the gig did not work for me at all. I was very disappointed.
I went there expecting the greatest gig of my life and it turned out boring in places.

Then they played Soulshine as an encore.
And it was the greatest musical experience of my life. I had tears in my eyes.
Pure perfection. I'm just gonna forget the rest of the gig and remember that encore.
It beats everything I have heard so far.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 am

PS Clutch is not the tightest band I've seen anymore.
1-GOV'T MULE
2-CLUTCH
bounce
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:46 pm

I cant get to it to post the link, but search for The Mule doin a cover of Steppenwolf's "Dont step on the grass, Sam"

Gov't Mule Icon_wink

Good Stuff. Especially how Warren is doing both vocal parts with w different mikes
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 pm

wattage wrote:
I cant get to it to post the link, but search for The Mule doin a cover of Steppenwolf's "Dont step on the grass, Sam"

Gov't Mule Icon_wink

Good Stuff. Especially how Warren is doing both vocal parts with w different mikes

agreed, awesome cover stoney
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Haunz wrote:
wattage wrote:

Gov't Mule Icon_wink

agreed, awesome cover Gov't Mule 923342

Yeah. The Mule usually does tasteful covers. Im a Steppenwolf fan (go buy "Steppenwolf-LIVE " now!) and never imagined anyone coverin that tune like Warren and the boys did. Good stuff Gov't Mule Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:35 pm

i bought "live at the Roseland Ballroom"....... JUST for that song. theres other versions of the mule covering it but THAT one it fucken the bomb Gov't Mule Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm

I tried to get some cats I used to play with to play that song, but they only wanted to do kiddy stuff / sugar coated cheeseball stuff.

When I first started playing with them they told me to learn "Brain Stew" by Green Day.

"Uhhh... NO!!!!" Gov't Mule Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Watt still has my cds...don't you? forgot about them, dont even know what they were Suspect
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 pm

newmoon wrote:
Watt still has my cds...don't you? forgot about them, dont even know what they were Gov't Mule Suspect

Goddamnit.. I had those in the rear flap of my truck seats so I could get them back to you Gov't Mule Icon_eek Gov't Mule Icon_mad

Alshiemers brah.

(remind me and Ill mail em with your package)
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Rolling Eyes Like I'll remember. You can keep em - think I have them elsewhere saved. reverse that
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 pm

just listening to 30 days in a hole stoney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gov't Mule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gov't Mule   Gov't Mule I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gov't Mule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: