HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The art of messageboarding....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
elektriklady

The art of messageboarding.... Empty
PostSubject: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:13 pm

has died.

I met in person many friends I met on internet message boards. Starting with a Robert Plant message board when I was still in my forties. I met girls (I was married) in other states to go to Robert shows...including milwakee and los vegas. Ultimately, I went to england with my then "husband" and met Robert Plant in Newcastle. He bought me a guinness and his guitar player supplied me with hashish...It's fine if you think I'm joking....

From there I went to the Zakk board and met four of my best friends....we're coming up on our ten year anniversary as "family". then I came here.

I hope this place doesn't die. I know I've a reputation for being "crazy". Haha...and I scared New Moon by offering her and her new husband a place to live. But hey, I'm living in this house mostly by myself, and after what they went through, I though they could use a honeymoon after the shit that happened to them with the flood. Sue me for being nice! (another joke)

I know 13 and her fine husband have had family issues bigger than most of us can ever imagine. they started this message board. I hope we don't all get separated before we've a chance to meet each other. I'm still all for Haunz as president....

I know that Renbolina doesn't like me, but really, she and I have more in common than neither of us cares to admit.

Brian Boob....well I still have boobs...at least I did the last time I checked.

Ann the Psycho Bitch...well I hope I get to meet you someday.

I'm sorry I don't come 'round here more often...but I work fulltime fullfilling my dream now. I teach math and science to sixth graders...I love it!!!! This is my second year.

Hope you all are doing well...it's great to hear that so many of you are happily married.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 pm

bump The art of messageboarding.... 335632

I remember a time, not too long ago, when I came here everyday. And everyday there was news. Some was good, some was bad. But it was always news I cared about. Because it was about people I cared – and still care – about.

It's too bad that this place has sort of died out. I know some of us are on other places. But it's just not the same.

I would love to hear what's going on with everybody!

I personally just came back from Africa. I was there for two months during the summer, mostly in a small town in Cameroon, near the nigerian border. The people there have a severe problem with water scarcity. Among every other problem imaginable in the third world – no access to clean water, by far not enough to eat, no medicinal supply, no education, … the list just goes on and on. I was doing development cooperation there. I was teaching environmental sciences, sustainable farming methods, waste management, water efficiency – that kind of stuff. The most important thing though was trying to get the water scarcity under control, not only by educating people about the problem (which they did not create but have to suffer from) but also by actually doing something about it like protecting water sources, planting trees, building fences and so on.

I also did all sorts of other things there – like working in an orphanage, working with a womens NGO and so on. Well, it feels like I've lived a whole life in miniature there – with all the good things and all the bad things.

Right now I'm back home, continuing my masters degree. I travel whenever I can though. Apart from that I'm facing some personal issues but I don't want to get into that and, of course, who the fuck isn't, right?

Anyway, thanks for sharing what's going on with you el! I hope everyone is okay.

metal
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 am

I miss everyone
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:06 am

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yuppers - it's a pity that everyone is now so dedicated to Facebook that places like the Human Soup suffer as a result. I am as guilty as the next person. And it's really a sad state that when I now read what some of you have put up on here I immediately look for the "LIKE" button!! The art of messageboarding.... 66860

I guess there is plenty of news - like the eclectric (sp?!! hahaha!) lady said - am now verra happily married. have moved house twice and changed jobs twice in as many years Rolling Eyes Still working for the University of Cambridge but now in Psychiatry and moved over to Dementia and Alzheimer's research ... just as well since my mum-in-law is now disappearing into her own little Alzheimer's world and some days doesn't even know her immediately family from total strangers Crying or Very sad really bloody depressing - not a state I would even wish on my worst enemy Mad

Anyhoo - tis the season to be merry santa had our works Christmas Party last night so I am really trying to get festive ... oh and I've joined the Addenbrooke's Hospital choir since I now work within the hospital ... so I am off carolling next week - Joy to the World!

Lotsa love to all Human Soupers past-and-present stoney dance lol! luff bow kiss kiss kiss

Ann/Bogle xx
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 8:14 pm

drunken
the wattage and I are in Charlotte NC for xmas. we watched a show on Cambridge last night, they showed the tunnel, boat ride deal that Auntie Ann had pics of from her wedding, I wondered if you still worked there and remembered you had moved.
I wonder bout all you guys and hope we are all coping with our problems and just miss everyone - I see stupid things and think...New Orleans coffee - where"s Dave, has he punched any mice lately? (kids in expensive mice heads). Is Rob ripping up Oregon or did he move to Washington last month when they legalized the green. Elec lady when I watch burn notice (lately) and her kids and government watch lists shes on. Brian - man there was a 3D book of boobs at the store that just screamed "the B". Huanz, when I watch the travel shows and thinks how he's been to those places in person and is trying to make a difference in this world. Queen O the Rotten...all things Texan and no frickin mice (our cat would horrify you). Rens been MIA for a long time, I just hope she happy and causing a wee mayhem out there. All kinds of the smallest things, makes me miss our old board life. But of course we like each other, we went to an area that had common interest and in real life or facebook there's not an easy way to find like minded people. I know I'm behind in all things internet, but being without one is less stressful, o I'll be back on line at home someday but like cable TV, I'm not putting it as a priority in life. But it may be the only way to find out about Rob N hopes horrific cross country journey or see pics of the kids ....

santa Merry Christmas guys and may 2013 be kind and easy for ya I love you
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Haha...gov't watch lists? That's really funny but seriously, some of the regulars on the old zakk board said that about me once...then they all met me and realized I'm just a harmless old electric lady...my father was a spy though, does that count?

Hope you all have a Happy New Year and a very positive 2013 for all!

Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm

greetings soupees

does anyone ever come here any more?? DAMN I seriously miss this place ..... Sad The art of messageboarding.... 335632 
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Not as often as I used to.

Got an email when you posted.

metal 
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Huh. Hi guys.
Still rebuilding the Death Star. Got a pain in the ass dog I'm not too amused with. Watt DIED 2x on July 12,14 He had a massive heart attack. The widow maker. 1% survive it. I watched muthafucker die. And paddled back 2 life 2 or 3 times. He's alive and has very little damage 2 his heart for 100% blockage.
Such is my life. Recovery will b slow but not as bad as someone that had openheArt sur or massive stroke.
Thankful 2 have him still here in anyway.
Love u guys and miss u all waaaay much.
EyelivewiththewalkingDEAD. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The art of messageboarding....   The art of messageboarding.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The art of messageboarding....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: THE INGREDIENTS :: General-
Jump to: