HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

am i seeing things?

Go down 
+5
StoneyMaroney
newmoon
wattage
Berzerker
Haunz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haunz

Haunz

am i seeing things? Empty
PostSubject: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:08 pm

why do we have a fucking tele in the background??

… ahh - because she's burning …

gibson > fender

study
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:40 pm

I like both, but I'll always have a soft spot for 68-79 "big head" Stratocasters. Thats what Jimi used, and thats what I cut my teeth on ('79 strat). I'll always love them.

I might have to sell my 97 Hendrix Tribute strat Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:59 pm

wattage wrote:
I like both, but I'll always have a soft spot for 68-79 "big head" Stratocasters. Thats what Jimi used, and thats what I cut my teeth on ('79 strat). I'll always love them.

don't you dare.....just dont...you fool! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:09 pm

newmoon wrote:
wattage wrote:

don't you dare.....just dont...you fool! Evil or Very Mad

I dont want to, believe me. I bought "Linda" brand new when I was 21. Always wanted her burried with me when I die. I do REALLY need the $$$ though. Times are tough.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 pm

..................don't do it..........................
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:27 am

Teles rock.
I love solid tail Fenders, and as they don't make solid tail Strats anymore, the Teles own even more now.
My style is too clumsy and violent for a whammy bar, and I'll much rather go for the extra wood.
Fender rules just as hard as Gibson, and I say that as an SG user.
Ibanez though, Ibanez sucks.
The Nuge might be an idiot, but at least he got that right..that and his licks.

Oh, and Watts: OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Mad Sad pale
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:19 am

Embarassed
ididnt even pay it any attention really!

remember stoney when you said this board is a chameleon What a Face cuz it was always changing.....sometimes 5 times in 1 day Very Happy

well this one offered the best layout with the things we all liked and are used to so we just went with it
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:42 am

Ibenez does not suck...not in the least...Ibenez rules....*goes to hug my Ibenez
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:06 pm

yeah, ibanez is alright … ask john petrucci or joe satriani!!

fender is not bad either … strats are great for certain sounds, and well, jimi played fender …

so i guess it all depends on the type of player you are and on the type of sound you want to achieve …

grouphug

nevertheless, gibson owns fender. period.

whistle
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Extra wood is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Haunz wrote:
yeah, ibanez is alright … ask john petrucci or joe satriani!!

Ibanez=
100% perfect playability and workmanship.
100% shit tone

When you go to a music shop and pick up a Gibson for 800$ and an Ibanez for 2000$, the Gibson owns it anytime.
I even tried Vai's monkey grip signature guitar. It just sounds clinical in my ears.

Gibson, on the other hand, are betraying their tradition when it comes to workmanship.
One of my SGs has up to three completely arbitrarily placed notches in each rider of the bridge Neutral
Not on one single rider is it in the middle, some even cross each other ! !

The other has a very bad wood irregularity. Gibson tend to use the most beautiful wood for black guitars and the worst for transparent finishes Laughing Laughing Laughing

I still love em both though, because they deliver soulful sound, and that is the most important thing.
Now the Japanese please kindly give the Americans a little of their precision and the Americans give the Japanese a little bit of soul,
problem solved Laughing Smile

Sorry Brian, I never had an Ibanez in my hands that could hold a candle even to Epiphone guitars.
Never gonna be my taste alien
Except maybe that semi-acoustic line, i think they did pretty wel there. How's it called? Artwood?

But yeah, whatever feels right cheers
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Berzerker wrote:

This is tr00 cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:50 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
Berzerker wrote:

This is tr00 cheers cheers cheers cheers

I was SO expecting Brian to say that Laughing
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm not the only perv on this board tongue
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Check into the old Lawsuit Ibanez guitars like B has. Id LOVE to have an old lawsuit SG. Alot of those lawsuit Ibanez guitars rivaled the guitars that they were copying. Ive played several that were nice.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:26 pm

wattage wrote:
Check into the old Lawsuit Ibanez guitars like B has. Id LOVE to have an old lawsuit SG. Alot of those lawsuit Ibanez guitars rivaled the guitars that they were copying. Ive played several that were nice.

That changes everything. I didn't remember B had a lawsuit Ibanez.
I'll go check it out now (probably on the old board).
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:27 pm

the B wrote:
I'm not the only perv on this board tongue
But the best king
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:31 pm

no need to check elsewhere
[img]am i seeing things? 102-0235_img[/img]
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:48 pm

the B wrote:
no need to check elsewhere
[img]am i seeing things? 102-0235_img[/img]

Ok, it's a beauty Wink
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
wattage wrote:

The bad thing is, is that ebay "collectors" have driven the prices up high.

Did you know Hetfield's old school white V wasnt really a gibson? It was a Japanese copy made by Electra Wink

Someday I'll snag one of the SG's. (plus, I wouldnt feel as bad about painting one of those, and hacking on it / re-building it. -good modern tuners, hotter pick ups, etc)
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:33 pm

ebay collectors will never get my guitar Mad
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:50 pm

wattage wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
wattage wrote:

The bad thing is, is that ebay "collectors" have driven the prices up high.

Did you know Hetfield's old school white V wasnt really a gibson? It was a Japanese copy made by Electra Wink

Someday I'll snag one of the SG's. (plus, I wouldnt feel as bad about painting one of those, and hacking on it / re-building it. -good modern tuners, hotter pick ups, etc)

THeres a original '72 SG here for like $800 - not a Lawsuit and they wouldn't take my mother at the pawnshop for a trade Laughing - its chocolate colored like Bs - we have quite a large selection of that kind of stuff round here.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:16 pm

If they'd come down a couple hundred, Id like to have it. Black paint, and pick guard swap, and it'd be Kevil Trailer Magic material cheers
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:54 pm

am i seeing things? KrissiMetallica015

Just thought I'd spice it up with some ESP love in this thread, haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: am i seeing things?   am i seeing things? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

am i seeing things?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: THE INGREDIENTS :: General-
Jump to: