HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Henry Rollins tells the truth about...

Go down 
+5
wattage
Erin
the B
Haunz
StoneyMaroney
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

Henry Rollins tells the truth about... Empty
PostSubject: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:32 am

I watched so many Henry Rollins vids tonight, I think his wisdom is too good for the video thread...

HENRY ROLLINS TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT RAVE AND WHINY MODERN ROCK

Feel free to come up with more wisdom from Henry.
Perfect starter for 2010 alien
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah, I know that, it's quite funny Laughing

I like that one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9S5-EB8dR8

His DVD Uncut from NYC is cool too lol!
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:23 pm

the B wrote:
Henry on recording with William Shatner cheers
part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPr3YqDDklY&feature=related

part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UftJJglXBAY&feature=related

and here's the tune...puppet version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM6pYG1DQ4s&feature=related

For a short while there, I was afraid I'd choke from laughing...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Erin

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:38 am

I've been listening to Rollins spoken word all night. The david lee roth story cracks me up everytime. haha.

He's awesome, and i agree with almost everything he says, although I think i'm a bit more optimistic than he is.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:40 am

Here's an interesting MTV mini-documentary on Rollins Band(from the times when the M still stood for "music" occasionally):

10 mins ROLLINS BAND DOCUMENTARY
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:11 am

Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:02 am

Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:34 pm

the B wrote:
kkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cJoiyOrcW8&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-25

Yeah, that one is classic.
I wonder where he takes his ideas from lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:11 pm

I just watched his Provoked DVD.

It is great! By far his best work in that area so far!

3 hours of cool stories, interesting perspectives and funny-as-shit jokes.

lol!
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:29 pm

His music sucks and was a part of a genre that I loathe, (Id rather hear fingernails on a chalkboard than punktard shite) but I like some of his views on stuff. study
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:52 am

I hear you Watt but I must admit I really dig some of his lyrics, especially:

Disconnect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3w5eZRoOY4

Liar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxrd_jZJxkg

metal
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Haunz wrote:
I hear you Watt but I must admit I really dig some of his lyrics, especially:

Disconnect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3w5eZRoOY4

Liar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxrd_jZJxkg

metal

Yeah. I like "Liar". I have that song. I'd check out the other but cant make youtube work @ the office.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:55 pm

............so Moon won't be playing her Black Flag when Watts in earshot...or the rest of her Punk indulgences.....

Saw Rollins live back when Liar came out - lord his live shows are combustible!
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I dont think he has room to talk about modern music though. His kind of music helped water down / ruin music. There was a good foundation, then punk bands, pop bands and hair/glam bands ruined it, to make it what it is today
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Henry Rollins tells the truth about... Icon_cool You speak as though music is ONE thing. Or one style...no one said you had to like any other kind of crap...I said I'd play my horrid shit when youre not around Henry Rollins tells the truth about... Alien
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:31 pm

theres 3 kinds of music. Jimi, Sabbath, then theres everything else watt1
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 am

hhhmmm..well, I do like Henry's spoken word and his verbal take on things. The album "Family Man" from Black Flag was the first time I ever heard it. I soon bought his book 2-13-61. It was a red paperback book...1984? or so...

Anyway, I was a huge Black Flag fan but I never really got into his latter stuff. It was Black Flag that got me into COC years down the road. Times were different back then.

Anyway, Black Flag "My War" side two. Give it a try.........

as a matter of fact, that might be my next tattoo...just the words -MY WAR - Side two. - cheers
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:30 pm

looks like me and a friend are going to see henry in march cheers
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:11 pm

going to see him tonight cheers
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:23 pm

wow! have a blast b! metal
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 pm

he better be funny and insightful dammit Mad

rabbit
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:27 pm

he sure will be Laughing Wink

i missed him when he was in vienna this year. why did no one tell me damnit? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Henry Rollins tells the truth about...   Henry Rollins tells the truth about... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Henry Rollins tells the truth about...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next