HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Theater Adventures

Go down 
+9
the B
firebaugh
renbolina
Bogle the Dark Angel
13thAngel
Krissah
Haunz
wattage
newmoon
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
newmoon

newmoon

Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Yeah. Kevin Spacey wasn't in it though...

Storm of the century plot
Quote :
Synopsis: "Give me what I want and I'll go away," demands the black-eyed, stocking-capped stranger Linoge (Colm Feore), who appears in a quiet island community on the verge of the worst storm in decades and brutally bludgeons an old lady to death. Tim Daly, the town sheriff and voice of reason and moral strength, locks up the quiet madman, but the deaths pile up as Linoge acts them out from his cell like a murderous mime pulling psychic strings. Stephen King, whose original teleplay is his best work for the screen since The Stand, transforms the sleepy burg into a Peyton Place of guilty secrets and criminal activity ripped from under a blanket of small town normality while the white-out of the snowstorm completely cuts them off from civilization. Director CraigR. Baxley nicely maintains an icy tension while the waiting game goes on, perhaps a little too long, before Linoge finally reveals "what he wants" and the drama turns into a struggle for man's soul in miniature. The more ambitious special effects and set pieces sometimes disappoint but are more than made up for in King's knack for turning the mundane into the macabre (the children's song "I'm a Little Teapot" has never sounded more sinister) and a few brilliantly realized sequences, the best of which occurs when townspeople are literally yanked out of existence while watching the storm. Storm of the Century is one of the most successful translations of King's brand of horror to the screen. -

The Wrestler - very good. love Micky Rourke anyway. . . . and Accept cheers that made the movie. For being 55 he's in great shape

Extract 2009

Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 10892391_det

Written and dirtected by Mike Judge - it wasn't that funny. Had it's moments but kinda sucked
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Down- DOAMB again last night
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:09 pm

The Uninvited 2009

Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 10879329_det

I really liked this - Hitchcock like and didn't see the end coming at all Shocked The more I see Elizabeth Banks in stuff the more I like her. Good suspense film, wanna see it again to see things I may have missed the first time Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 10839084_det

Le Scaphandre et le Papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) (2007) - watched this a few months ago - did anyone see or read it. It's supposed to be uplifting and motivational.

Quote :
Synopsis: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" is the remarkable true story of Jean-Dominique Bauby, a successful and charismatic editor-in-chief of FrenchElle, who believes he is living his life to its absolute fullest when a sudden stroke leaves him in a life-altered state. While the physical challenges of Bauby's fate leave him with little hope for the future, he begins to discover how his life's passions, his rich memories and his newfound imagination can help him achieve a life without boundaries

Suspect maybe I had PMS but I cried through a lot of it - it fukin' bummed me out something fierce. Beautifully shot though. shrug
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm

DOAMB again last night

me fingers are killin me from playing along with the movie
down watt1
Back to top Go down
sakblabbath

sakblabbath

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:24 am

Wall St Money Never Sleeps Sleep Good ol Gordon Gecko Twisted Evil Tonight the Social Network???
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:46 pm

newmoon wrote:
Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 10839084_det

Le Scaphandre et le Papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) (2007) - watched this a few months ago - did anyone see or read it. It's supposed to be uplifting and motivational.

Quote :
Synopsis: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" is the remarkable true story of Jean-Dominique Bauby, a successful and charismatic editor-in-chief of FrenchElle, who believes he is living his life to its absolute fullest when a sudden stroke leaves him in a life-altered state. While the physical challenges of Bauby's fate leave him with little hope for the future, he begins to discover how his life's passions, his rich memories and his newfound imagination can help him achieve a life without boundaries

Suspect maybe I had PMS but I cried through a lot of it - it fukin' bummed me out something fierce. Beautifully shot though. shrug

Yeah, I've seen it. It did make me pretty sad in places, too.
When that useless bitch is on the telephone and tells him she can't bear to see him in that condition and all the nurse wants to do is
tell her to go fuck herself and slam the phone, but she has interpret for the two and leave the room...that is really intense.
The story is just full of situations you do get in real life once something tragic happens.
There are a lot of people like this
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:28 pm

When he would talk to his father - that ripped my heart out. Watt kinda wanted to see it, but I couldn't sit thru it again - told him it was subtitled and depressing.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Oh, so there is no voiceover?
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:05 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
Oh, so there is no voiceover?

I watched it in French w/subtitles - cuz the wattage was asleep, had the sound down. Prob. was a English audio though.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:05 am

for the love of god...don't waste your time on Jonah Hex....what a complete bucket of shit that movie is Mad
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:57 am

for the love of god.....waste your time on Predators...what a complete bucket of awesomeness bounce
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:48 am

the B wrote:
for the love of god.....waste your time on Predators...what a complete bucket of awesomeness bounce

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:19 am

Inception Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565

I liked it, not as much as I hoped though. Mainly because of the silly plot holes and the unnecessary action sequences. Still, great popcorn cinema.
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:11 pm

MACHETE - cheers cheers cheers cheers drunken drunken drunken drunken Cool stoney stoney stoney dance dance bow bow bow lick lick <---- those maybe just about cover the SHEER AWESOMENESS of this movie!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

The rig - ahem.... well... yeah.... *raised brow*

Monsters - What a thoughtful, beautiful, gorgeously shot and engaging movie. Like 'Let the right one in' (something I watched again for Samhain with my eldest) it leaves you quiet and contemplative of beauty in the horror of things. Can't describe quite how much I lub those two movies.

Predators - pls see Machete.

Cop Out - rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl Worth it. Most definitely!

Loads more I've watched but bah... tired.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565

awesome movie, very unique style and also very entertaining from start to finish. if you liked kick-ass you'll probably like this one too!
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Anvil- the story of Anvil Laughing Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565 Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565 As much as eyehate 80's stuff, this movie rocks stoney

The Who-Live @ the Isle Of Wight cyclops Good Stuff. I had forgotten how much I actually used to dig the Who. Good tuneage, and a fun band to watch . An SG fed into a Dallas Rangemaster Pedal, and into a Hiwatt = On Time. When Pete starts kerangin' out the intro chords to "We Wont get Fooled Again"..you can hear it just magnum ring out across that sea of 600,000 people. Natural reverb & delay..old school awesome. sunny

(I wanna hear Electric Wizard cover "The Acid Queen". that could be turned into somethiung REALLY fucked up & on time)
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:16 am

wattage wrote:
I wanna hear Electric Wizard cover "The Acid Queen". that could be turned into somethiung REALLY fucked up & on time

Now, THERE'S a thought ..... luff luff luff
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 am

We recorded some things off the telly a while back - finally got around to watching them:

I Walked With A Zombie
ooooh - classic old B&W suspenseful chiller from 1943 ... really good use of music, suggestion, and showdowplay. great stuff bow bow bow bow bow bow

Looking For Eric
Fabulous and funny film from Ken Loach, with Eric Cantona guest appearing as a sort of vision to this postman dude called Eric who idolises Cantona, but is going thru a troubling time, and gets advice, support and inspiration from his 'Cantona vision' ... waaaay better than expected ... and Cantona musta had an absolute ball filming this!!!! banana banana banana banana banana
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Haunz wrote:
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565

awesome movie, very unique style and also very entertaining from start to finish. if you liked kick-ass you'll probably like this one too!

We watched this again last night. Very charming.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
wattage wrote:
I wanna hear Electric Wizard cover "The Acid Queen". that could be turned into somethiung REALLY fucked up & on time

Now, THERE'S a thought ..... luff luff luff

Oddly, after thinking about it, I was tuned way down & playing it all slow & sludgy & droned out the other night. I think it'd be bad as fuck metal
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:08 am

we watched Hot Tub Time Machine this weekend and i effen LOVED it. i laughed my friggen ASS off!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:19 am

Alpha Dog Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565

the story really captured my attention from start to finish, good acting too.

this singer, justin timberlake, was in it – i really enjoyed his performance, also ben foster's performance was quite impressive i must say!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 10952940_det
Temple Grandin (TV 2010)

Clair Danes - HBO movie, she was almost unrecognizable in this role. I found some of the cattle scenes hard to watch and weighed my love of steak vs. animals - again.
Hard enough being a woman in that industry (think it's early 70s) add to that her other challenges...was pretty cool.

Storyline

Biopic of Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who overcame the limitations imposed on her by her condition to become an expert in the field of animal husbandry. She developed an interest in cattle early in life while spending time at her Aunt and Uncle's ranch. She did not speak until age four and had difficulty right through high school, mostly in dealing with people. Her mother was very supportive as were some of her teachers. She is noted for creating her 'hug box', widely recognized today as a way of relieving stress and her humane design for the treatment of cattle in processing plants, even winning an award from PETA. Today, she is a professor at Colorado State University.

*side note - my sister met her at the Autism Awareness convention a couple of weeks ago

Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:11 pm

The Messenger Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 989565

expected nothing but liked it, good cast, the plot was a little to unfocused at times for my taste but overall not bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Theater Adventures
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next