HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Screen Adventures

Go down 
+9
renbolina
Krissah
the B
QOTR
Haunz
wattage
StoneyMaroney
newmoon
Bogle the Dark Angel
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

Big Screen Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Latest things i've seen at cinema:

"9"
kinda strange animated tale, produced by Tim Burton and Temur Bekmambetov
"9" is a sort of robot/creature/creation, made out of sack cloth and others bits n pieces by a strange old scientist guy. When 9 first comes to life, he finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world where all humans are gone, and by chance that he discovers a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction.

t'was really good ... moral tale about man vs machines and such ... cheers

Jennifer's Body
Megan Fox and Amanda Seigfried ... much better than I was expecting ... Jennifer (Megan Fox) is abducted by some guys intent on sacrificing a virgin (daft buggers - she clearly aint no virgin ...), she ends up being possessed by a demon and has to eat human flesh to keep herself looking hawt each month ... first time in ages I've seen them actually attempt to bring a decent bit of plot/storyline into proceedings ... good ending too Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:12 pm

My nephew is NUTS over Megan Fox and this is by far his favorite movie (Jennifer's Body) due to the 2 1/2 min lesbian make out scene involving Megan. Laughing

...and was wondering if they incorporated the song 'Jennifer's Body' by Hole in the movie?
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm

The Fourth Kind

crap ... rubbish ... especially trying to interlace the supposedly 'real' genuine footage into the acted out bits, just all round crapness ... had they not made some nonsense pretence that this was based on fact and contained 'real' footage, but filmed it as an interesting X-Files type alien abduction thing, then mebbe it could have been good ....

Paranormal Activity

Waaaaaaaaay better than expected - very tense, with lots of genuinely creepy bits where the hair on the back of yer neck goes up... really enjoyed it.

Harry Brown

New Michael Caine film - very dark and gritty - story of an old guy living on an inner city estate, who takes revenge on the local yobbo youth who terrorise and murder his old pal and chess-partner ... Bloody brilliant film, but very dark, and not a 'happy' film by any means ... very realistic, I think ...
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 pm

" UP, in 3-D "

Was loads better than I was expecting ... good ole Pixar - great kiddies movie again lol! bow

" The Men Who Stare At Goats "

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! That was bloody brilliant!! - Hilarious stuff cookoo Laughing Razz cookoo Laughing Razz cookoo Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:18 pm

newmoon wrote:
My nephew is NUTS over Megan Fox and this is by far his favorite movie (Jennifer's Body) due to the 2 1/2 min lesbian make out scene involving Megan. Laughing

Gee, everyone I know thinks she's the hottest thing on Earth.
Super-perfect models like Megan Fox just put me off for some reason Embarassed
I'm still into Helen Hunt. I'll still go and look for that scene on youtube now cawfee

EDIT: OH MY GOD. That scene was hot Shocked
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Started watching Troy over the weekend. Saw brad pit. Changed the channel. puke
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Laughing

SAW VI

I can't believe they had an open ending AGAIN … it is always the same fucking story … is this the new halloween series?

And by the way, it was boring as shit bs
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:01 am

yeah we (deliberately) missed Saw VI this time around .... I think that franchise has all but burnt itself out now ... I suspect they'll attempt a Saw VII next year, but to be honest I really think they're potential audience is somewhat diminished Neutral
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

I don't know, none of the Saw movies were really good or really bad in my opinion. The third one was very good edited and I liked the idea of the first film.

I guess it is just another horror series Rolling Eyes

The seventh part however is supposed to be filmed in 3D (like Avatar) … at least I heared that … we'll see!

I freak out watching the 2D versions anyway Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:19 pm

SAW-7 in 3D??? oh boy ...

We recently saw The Final Destination in 3D ... that was entertaining!! lots of ingenious deaths in 3D ... lovely! pale pale pale
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Laughing

I watched My Bloody Valentine in 3D some time ago … the movie was crap (as expected) … but the 3D horror is cool affraid

X-Men Origins: Wolverine … I fell asleep

Room 1408 … good flick based on a Stephen King short story … it was alright, actually good, not the best performance by John Cusack though cawfee
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:15 pm

We watched Quantum of Solace last night which closes out our goal of watching all the Bond movies in one year. Man, the Roger Moore era was difficult to get through. I can't name a favorite film, but my ranking of Bonds is:

Connery
Craig
Lazenby
Brosnan
Dalton
Moore
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 am

QOTR wrote:
my ranking of Bonds is:

Connery
Craig
Lazenby
Brosnan
Dalton
Moore

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers AGREED Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Wow - I expected to catch some grief over Lazenby. Great minds DO think alike. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Lazenby was very much underused in the Bond role - he shoulda gone on to do more ... such a shame he only did the one ... bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:41 am

We saw Avatar tonight. I had zero interest in it. I just went along for the free beer and pizza. Once I learned that it was almost 3 hours long, I even questioned my ability to stay awake through it all. And all that was before I learned it was in 3-D to boot <eye roll>.

I take it all back. I absolutely loved it. It was visually stunning and the story totally sucked me in. I would have watched for another 3 hours.

I didn't realize that geek was contagious, but apparently it's rubbing off. alien
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:22 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed! cheers

"AVATAR" ... much better than I was expecting - I thought the story would lose out to the superduper effects ... but no - it was indeed visually very stunning ...well thoughout plants and creatures, including the language used.

But the story was great - although one would have to say it was another barely veiled commentary/attack on human ignorance and intolerance ... one of my mates called it Dances-With-Wolves-in-Space!!

Yeah - it was very good bow bow bow
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:58 pm

This was released in Oct. in the UK - anyone see it? was it any good? Not out here...not sure when either.
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Just saw a trailer last night, filling in for the deceased -midway through filming - Heath Ledger was, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law. Never mind that, it looks quite different. I like to see this and the new Alice in Wonderland too.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:42 am

^^^^^^^^

Yep - I saw this in the UK when it came out a few months back ... I really loved it - typical trippy Terry Gilliam stuff ... twisted ... crazy ... mind-boggling ... intriguing ... fabulous

Heath Ledger was BRILLIANT ... the spots where his character are embodied by Johhny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell were REALLY well done ... I can't recommend this highly enough - I will be getting the dvd as soon as it's out! cheers bow bow bow bow dance
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Good deal! Will be keeping my eyes peeled for US release.

I'm getting totally psyched for Alice in Wonderland - it's gonna be in 3D!!! cheers I almost peed myself when I found that out What a Face - Coming in March 2010 (hurry up!)
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:10 am

I went to see Avatar
here is my review

AWESOME bounce

ok...the story isn't original. And the entire movie is predictable...but that doesn't matter. It was told well. The acting was good, the dialogue was good, everything was good. I like how Cameron created the planet...it sucks you in. Even though it's an alien world, it makes sense. Everything has a purpose and you have a real sense of evolution on the planet. No creature or plant was out of place.

the 3D was amazing. You are right in their with everything. I had the urge to swat the mosquitos Laughing I was expecting to just have a gun pointed at me every once in a while, and the occasional in your face animal attack...but no, this was much more than that....

do not wait for this film on dvd...go see it in the theaters...I think it will lose alot of it's magic without the 3D element
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:55 pm

since Fiona is here, I have seen Up, Planet 51, Ice Age 3, Night at the Museum 2, Chipmunks 2, and aliens in the attic cheers
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:50 am

saw avatar for the second time today....I love this movie...I wanna go back
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 am

I also saw Avatar last night at a dinner movie place. I LOVED the movie, and put together with it being my first time at this dinner/movie place, I didn't wanna leave! Awesome awesomeness. My boyfriend loved it too and we are hard pressed to find new releases that we both really enjoy. Big Screen Adventures Icon_bounce Big Screen Adventures Icon_bounce Big Screen Adventures Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 am

if it is still here next week, there is a good chance at a 3rd viewing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Screen Adventures
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next