HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

its great to have a *negativeoutlook*

Go down 
+3
Negative Outlook
\swampman/
13thAngel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
13thAngel

13thAngel

its great to have a *negativeoutlook* Empty
PostSubject: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:40 pm

hi ya Tim.....
its great to see you bounce

how have ya been??? have you gotten any snow yet??? hows the dog....Angel...is that her name??

alien clown tongue cyclops tongue geek
Back to top Go down
\swampman/
ThE oNlY sWaMp In ThE DeSeRt
\swampman/

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Fuck yeah! Welcome Tim... cheers
Back to top Go down
https://humansoup.rpg-board.net
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Wow! Thanks for the nice reception! I have been visiting this and the other Human Soup forum almost daily. I think it's cool y'all put the effort into maintaining all the communication particularly from the COC and Down boards.

I haven't been posting a great deal lately but I have been lurking for sure.

No snow yet but we got a lot of rain , lightning, hail, and even a funnel cloud in the last couple of days. There is lot's of snow in the mountains right now.

Angel is still kicking...starting to age a bit.

I've been really busy at work, just flew in from Chicago the night before last...still tired.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! cheers
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:25 pm

bounce bounce bounce

it's been a while
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Hola, negativeoutlook! Smile
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 pm

E 'bello essere qui nel cyberspazio con persone di tutto vi impressionante e intelligente.
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:24 pm

You spoke Italian! You really made me feel at home! Smile
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:21 pm

scratch I've have no foreign language skills (6 years of Spanish and I can ask for eggs & milk) - but did N.O. just say you were the prettiest, smartest, on the net whom makes a big impact? Just curious....he forgot "hawt mistress of metal" geek
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 pm

Laughing Well, to be fair, the post starts in a perfect Italian, but, even if all the words do exist, the sense of the sentence gets more and more confused through the end... I took he said I'm "smart" and "impressive" (even if impressionante may mean scaring in Italian... but I hope that's not what he meant!) and, well, I'm flattered enough by it, so I won't be picky on the hawt mistress of metal! Wink
And still it was nice to read some Italian! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Caio! its great to have a *negativeoutlook* 335632 Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Dolce Madre! Rolling Eyes I should have taken Italian instead of Spanish - sadly it was never offered anywhere I went to school (even at the crummy college I went to)!!
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 am

Caldo Padrona di METAL... is that right? I don't know anymore.

My Italian is not the best...I tried to learn it about 20 years ago. I wish I would have stuck with it. It is a beautiful language. I went through this time period where I tried to learn a few languages...after all was said and done, Mandarin Chinese is what I eventually became "almost" fluent with. I hired a private tutor and would practice with quite a few people daily. Italian was my 2nd best but I had no one to practice with other than writing and receiving occasional letters in the mail from Italian fanzine punkrocker types.
I dropped Finnish like a hot potato when I realized it was impossible. Never mind the rest..........

For the record, I tried to impress Iyloma by saying "It's good to be here in cyberspace with all of you intelligent and interesting people."

Leave it to me to butcher a sentence...when I first was speaking Chinese, I accidentally accused a customer of stealing (with my poor sentence structure and inflections.) He emptied his pockets on a table and stood back after I thought I thanked him and said to have a nice day. I was embarassed after I realized what he thought I meant, but was strangely intrigued that he was not offended. Shocked

Southern English is my native language, y'all.
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Laughing Nah, you didn't butcher the sentence this time. If you only had used the plural for the 2 adjectives I would have been able to understand its sense. So, all in all, good job, Tim!
If you're curious to know how I would say it in Italian, it'd be "E' bello essere qui nel cyberspazio con tutti voi, persone intelligenti e interessanti." See, pretty close, Tim, pretty close! Smile Wink

Ah, and it'd be "Calda padrona del Metal" -- yep, we have the femminine for the adjectives. But it sounds silly in Italian anyway, sooo... Razz Laughing

Well, I guess it's enough for our Italian lesson!
... It's good to pretend I can teach you something, since any time I read your posts I learn something new, guys! Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:45 am

Iyloma, thanks for taking the time to explain/teach Italian grammar!!!
La tua lezione di lingua รจ molto apprezzato. Very Happy
Maybe I will eventually try to pick it up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its great to have a *negativeoutlook*   its great to have a *negativeoutlook* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its great to have a *negativeoutlook*
Page 1 of 1