HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
newmoon

newmoon

Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) Empty
PostSubject: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Quote anyone from anytime or anything.

These are some quotes I found amusing by Hunter S. Thompson, from his collection of personal letters in The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman

"When you're riding shotgun, it's bad form to shoot at the driver --a far cry from the good old days when you could snipe from a distance."

(and the 2 golden rules to surviving and attaining your goals)

"First, never hesitate to use force, and, second, abuse your credit for all it's worth."

"Pierce the fog. Seize the high ground and keep a tight trigger. The beast is loose and prowling everywhere."

and from one threatening letter to a a magazine that owed him money on the alternatives of not paying up:

"......failing monetary satisfaction - I have every intention of stomping the shit out of you, either in your office or wherever we happen to meet. ... it should be noted that some writers possess .44 magnums....Other writers, it is said, tend to enjoy violence for its own sake, and feel that a good fight, with the inevitable destruction of all nearby equipment and furniture, is nearly as fine for the nerves as a quart of whiskey."

Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Frank Zappa ............. miss him, the world lost a wee bit of sparkle when he died...

"After all, he [God] wrote this book here, and in the book it says he made us all to be just like him! So if we're dumb, then God is dumb - and maybe even a little ugly on the side."

* September 23, 1981: Lyrics to the song Dumb All Over on the album You Are What You Is.

"I like to watch the news, because I don't like people very much and when you watch the news ... if you ever had an idea that people were really terrible, you could watch the news and know that you're right."

* April 28, 1984: Appearance on Thicke of the Night

"For the record, folks; I never took a shit on stage and the closest I ever came to eating shit anywhere was at a Holiday Inn buffet in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in 1973."

* 1989: Zappa and Occhiogrosso: The Real Frank Zappa Book

"The most important thing to do in your life is to not interfere with somebody else's life."

* 1987: Joe Walsh asking Frank Zappa on The Howard Stern Show

(Moon's personal favorite - has a shirt that says it)

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best..."

* November 19, 1979: Lyrics to the song Packard Goose on the album Joe's Garage: Act III.

"Tobacco is my favorite vegetable."

* Interview, NBC's Today Show, 1993

"A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole."

* Real Frank Zappa Book (1990) by Zappa with Peter Occhiogrosso
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.
Robert Fulghum
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:23 pm

The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.
David Lee Roth
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:15 pm

huum - unknown, random peoples words:

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.

When your dad is mad and asks you, “Do I look stupid?” Don’t answer him
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Ringo Starr from the Beatles Anthology, on too many unnecessary tracts on the White Album:

"The White album should have been released as two separate albums: The White Album and The Whiter Album."

* Ringo Starr quit the band for a brief time, leaving bassist Paul McCartney to perform drums on some of the album's songs. He was the first in the band to officially quit and walk out during recording of The White Album.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:08 am

"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes."
watt

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
watt

"You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven."
watt
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:04 pm

newmoon wrote:
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

a day without beer is like a day without wine.
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:41 pm

"Say what you mean and say it mean !!!" Jim Thirwell - Foetus www.foetus.org
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Me @ 17 : "I aint got nothin' to look forwrd to"

My Pappaw : "Son, you always have tomorrow to look forward to"

Took me over 10 years to figure out what he was talkin about. He was right. Always right. RIP Pappaw. I miss ya Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 pm

"Does shit stick to a blanket?"
S. King from Blaze (i think)

"I got this disease, I get real mad and it's contagious, my mom usually catches it."
My niece Jessie @ age 5

"The doorman's cutting up his shoes. He's STOOPID."
Watt while asleep one night, said all serious-like

"Never write down anything you wouldn't want to see printed in the newspaper"
My mom after finding a note I wrote at age 15 about smoking pot.

"Stay outta my room! And my stuff!"
Moon after mom found the note.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)   Pearls of Wisdom (quotes) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pearls of Wisdom (quotes)
Page 1 of 1