HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays

Go down 
+5
Negative Outlook
wattage
StoneyMaroney
newmoon
Haunz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Haunz

Haunz

that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays Empty
PostSubject: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:43 pm

what do think about their new record?

nice melodies - nothing really new - some things quite old though!

lyrics are totally fucked up … right-wing bullshit puke sak

doesn't sound much like the old skynyrd (obviously) rather like a nickelback version of skynyrd Laughing

anyway, i dig it as background music … it's easy listening Suspect
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:01 pm

weeelll hello Haunz
that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays 335632
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:02 pm

I absolutely despise this piece of shit.
I love Lynyrd Skynyrd so much, and the time has come to declare the end of one of the greatest bands ever.

The whole God and Guns concept is absolutely anti-Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I won't even be political about it, it doesn't matter if you are pro- or anti-guns.
In fact, I am caught in the middle on that subject. Though I wouldn't want to touch a gun myself, I do understand the original motivation why a nation of refugees from governments who suppressed them should not want to leave the right to firearms to the government.

But the fact that this same band still performs Saturday Night Special at every gig
makes them something I hope I will never become: a bunch of indifferent guys singing words which have no more meaning to them.
This is just sad.

Lynyrd Skynyrd always had a sort of Southern charm, in as far as sympathy, their simple but HONEST lyrics and their strong connection with home are
concerned. But they were always progressive free thinkers at the same time. Pro environmental protection, anti guns, whatever.
No matter what your opinion is on the matter, noone can claim that Lynyrd Skynyrd ever were lazy like Ted "Asshole" Nugent, only pickign up preconceived ideas
and shouting. A band whow as never afraid to tell people what they were thinking, no matter if it fitted the redneck image people have of them or not.

Ps the songs are boring.

Lynyrd Skynyrd RIP

Last edited by StoneyMaroney on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:19 pm

That band died when Ronnie Van Zant died. Tehyre just riding the glory of what the original line up had. Its just about making a buck.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Didn't they ask themselves for one second what Ronnie would have thought of all this?
I mean it is so obvious that you cannot go on stage and play these two songs at the same gig.
Your head should explode doing anything as contradictory. Arghhghghg! Evil or Very Mad
Gonna put on Street survivors now and take a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:48 pm

newmoon wrote:
weeelll hello Haunz
that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays 335632

hello

future mrs. wattage

affraid

stoney
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:40 am

Ronnie was an artist first, redneck second.

The German Stone is right, it is hypocritical when they play Saturday Night Special these days.

I am BIG on old Skinnert. I know every song by heart (I also know most songs by Heart) and have for 30 something years....wait....I was 10 when Street Survivors came out....yeah...ok...that's about right.

signed,
the Punkrock Breakdancing Redneck
bounce
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:58 am

Negative Outlook wrote:
I am BIG on old Skinnert. I know every song by heart (I also know most songs by Heart)

Punkrock Breakdancing Redneck bounce

lol! lol! lol! lol! yeah me too - I agree wiv da Stoney Dood too - they sure as shit aint wot they were back in the day .... Neutral

At least I did get to see them play live about 15 years ago, when they still rawkd cheers metal stoney

all-together-now ..... F-R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-B-I-R-R-R-R-D !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:30 pm

I can't really add much more, you guys have summed it up pretty well. I'm just sorry I'm not older and I never got the chance to see the true Skynyrd playing...
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:03 am

I never got to see them in their heyday....and I have passed up all opportunities to see them in their latter years. I think they are cool if you don't think of them as "the" Lynyrd Skynyrd...sort of like grocery store pizza...that is, it's good if you don't think of it as pizza.

Anyway, favorite songs:
Whiskey Rock-a-Roller
Gimmie Back my Bullets
Needle and Spoon
Workin' for MCA
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:10 am

Embarassed I do yell Freebird wheneva the the action I'm watching sucks or is boring - or when being forced to attend the rents line dancing/shag club hell. I do it as an insult kinda thing, like when I hear something I could give a crap about either way I say "I rather listen to Aerosmith" (the first decade of stuff).
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:29 am

Negative Outlook wrote:
I never got to see them in their heyday....and I have passed up all opportunities to see them in their latter years. I think they are cool if you don't think of them as "the" Lynyrd Skynyrd...sort of like grocery store pizza...that is, it's good if you don't think of it as pizza.

Anyway, favorite songs:
Whiskey Rock-a-Roller
Gimmie Back my Bullets
Needle and Spoon
Workin' for MCA

cheers
good calls there metal
Back to top Go down
carter

carter

Location : Cape Fear/Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach/Southeast tip of NC

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:25 pm

That band died when half of it did with the plane crash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays   that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

that band that calls themselves lynyrd skynyrd nowadays
Page 1 of 1