HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'

Go down 
+11
Haunz
the B
Iron Head
QOTR
wattage
\swampman/
newmoon
Bogle the Dark Angel
iyloma
StoneyMaroney
13thAngel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
iyloma

iyloma

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:33 am

the B wrote:
fingers crossed
Indeed!
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks for your support, guys.
Not just now, but over the course of several years, actually.
A lot of you were incredibly supportive, most of all Rob and Hope and Ann, and I can't say how thankful I am.

Dusty Miller is over, we lasted 10 years minus a month or so.
I haven't yet phrased aynthing "official" for the website, but I wanted to tell you first.
When Flo jumped off, that was the final blow. Further rehearsels with other drummers were a complete nightmare,
and at some point Thomas decided he wasn't up for this shit anymore. It just depressed him.
I can't blame him. Our high point was last year, playing in Frankfurt and Belfast, the best gigs we ever had.
Since then, there was not ONE SINGLE GIG. Only rehearsing with drummers, over and over.
We had heaps of new material, and no chance to perform it since we spent all our time playing the same ages old shit, trying to get death metal drummers to understand a stonerrock groove.

Thomas leaving meant it's over of course.
There was no dispute, we were all feeling the same yet didn't want to admit it.
Tonight we're going to the pub together, having a drink or five and thinking about the good times we had with the band.

It was a great ride.

I am pretty sure that in a year or so, Thomas and me are gonna start something new (under whichever name), as we can't stop writing together. The artwork is ready, there are all the songs, and I can't really imaguine never releasing the Slow Dawn.

For now, Manni and I just finished writing the Capital Joke debut "The Punchline", and it has GROOVE.
We're getting started in a month, performing with Paul DiAnno and recording a couple of songs as fast as possible.

I feel kind of freed now that we called it quits with Dusty Miller, and open for anything to come.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 am

That sucks, Stones! I would have loved to hear some more stuff from you guys Neutral

However, Dusty Miller ended at a peak and it will be remembered as a pretty epic band (you have no idea how big your fan base in Austria actually is Wink ). So I guess that's better than just slowly fading away  presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 989565

Let me know when you've got some new stuff, you sure got some talent man metal
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:28 pm

I am, of course, completely GUTTED by this .... especially as we're finally getting some interest from record company/promoters and such - and this was just from the Dusty Miller T-shirts you sent to me n Craig!!!  presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 66860

Send Thomas my regards and PLEASE work together again soon ...

In the meantime I look forward to helping out some more with Capital Joke lyrics cheers

Good luck gigging with Dianno!!! stoney metal stoney metal stoney bow

Love from Aunty Bogle x kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 5:34 pm

i still have a buncha disks....rob and i are going to pimp em out at swampstock. i will put any $$ we can get for ya in ur account. that was the plan even before this icky news. i genuinely feel super sad.  presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:08 pm

what what?
you're jamming with Paul Dianno??????
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm bummed for Dusty Miller, but also looking forward to your next creation!
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:19 am

Yeah, it's the same situation on this board that I find in our homepub and with all the people that had something to do with the band.
Everyone's sadder than we are. Even my Boss, who is usually grumpy, did not get angry at the fact that we had to cancel our little pub gig in October,
but rather sad that the band is over.
It's strange. I guess being in the band, and having the first hand experience of this slow death, I feel rather freed now that we can finally make it official (or I haven't yet realized it), while for everybody else, it comes as a surprise and makes the people sad who supported and helped us.
I feel like letting everybody down.
Sorry about the bad timing, Ann  presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 66860

No Brian, I didn't mean to suggest we'd be jamming with Paul DiAnno, I was rather expressing the fact that we are just the support act that nobody comes to see in a nicer way Laughing
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:42 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
Dusty Miller is over, we lasted 10 years minus a month or so.
poo!  presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 373921

StoneyMaroney wrote:
I am pretty sure that in a year or so, Thomas and me are gonna start something new (under whichever name), as we can't stop writing together. The artwork is ready, there are all the songs, and I can't really imaguine never releasing the Slow Dawn.

For now, Manni and I just finished writing the Capital Joke debut "The Punchline", and it has GROOVE.
We're getting started in a month, performing with Paul DiAnno and recording a couple of songs as fast as possible.

I feel kind of freed now that we called it quits with Dusty Miller, and open for anything to come.
I'm already looking forward to listening to the new embodiment of DM and Capital Joke both!! stoney
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 pm

hey Stoney....MIke Portnoy left Dream Theater....you should let him know you are looking for a drummer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 pm

He wouldn't fit in at all Laughing
We tried out a couple of proggish drummers, and they were all talented but unable to feel a Stoner vibe, where what you need is a
prehistoric beat on the toms. Give me a drummer with two stand toms!!
But apart from that, this setup won't happen again. If Thoams and me can get our stuff together and start a new band sometime in the future, it'll be with a different name and a different rhythm group.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: The Grand Sleep    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Oh hell yes the Miller will be back Cool
It's Thomas on lead and me on vocals and rhythm guitars again, with Anger, the bassist from the Fyredogs (finally officially dead) and Arnaud, the drummer from Enthroned.

We decided to call this band THE GRAND SLEEP, as Anger and I have been in too many bands that tried to trod on sticking to a name when so much
had changed, and witnessed too much slow decay. So this name still signifies a strong connection to Dusty Miller, but stands for a fresh start.
We're working to finish Slow Dawn, the album that has long been planned as the second Dusty Miller release.

The plan is not to tell anybody this band even exists until we have at least an EP and a low- budget video clip ready, so this is the only place I post this.
We meet at Anger's place and rehearse 12h every Saturday and Sunday (this includes BBQ and relaxing in his garden, far from civilization).
We record this stuff with a drum machine and send it over to Arnaud, so he can prepare it for some real-life rehearsels.
That's because he moved back to Belgium, which sucks. But we'd all rather have a brilliant drummer who lives far away than a mediocre guy that lives next door.

We're currently recording a new version of Devil's Hoof, a cover of Warpigs, and a couple of new songs for the album:
Stranded on the Shores of Dawn, Fathom, The Moth, Reckless and Hollow, Ergo Perit Coelum

I should have learned by now not to make any promises.
Still, we all feel like we have finally arrived in the right place.
Rehearsing is as releaxed and fun as it can possibly be, and everybody is stoked by everybody else's contribution.
I know it's gonna work this time.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:32 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Doctor Acula

Doctor Acula

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:47 am

awesome! looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:46 am

stoney
Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 am

affraid metal metal metal metal metal metal
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 am

WooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I has a HAPPY
bounce Very Happy bounce Very Happy sunny cheers

BTW study you know where I am for english lyrical advice and such
*hugs*

Aunty Bogle x dance kiss
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Best news I have heard in a long time!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear it!!

Now if we could get Ol' Pep to give COC some attention!!!

Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 pm

yeah, hope dies last Laughing  presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 989565

looking forward to the new music stones metal
Back to top Go down
Hoss

Hoss

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:15 am

Berzerker wrote:

Pep jammed with the boys on a couple songs during their set at Hellfest, I heard.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Hoss wrote:
Berzerker wrote:

Pep jammed with the boys on a couple songs during their set at Hellfest, I heard.

Whoah Shocked I so wanted to be at Hellfest (best lineup of all festivals of times in my book), but it was too pricey.
Stoked to hear about Pep playing with the guys again though! cheers

BTW thanks for your encouragement, everyone.
12h of only recording vocals on Saturday...can you spell TIRED? cawfee
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
...can you spell TIRED? cawfee

Yup - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sleep Wink
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:08 am

how exciting!!! congratulations. post em when you got em.
Back to top Go down
\swampman/
ThE oNlY sWaMp In ThE DeSeRt
\swampman/

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Right on Stoney my brother! Congrats \m/ Looking forward to this big time!
Back to top Go down
https://humansoup.rpg-board.net
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:51 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce affraid this is fanfuckingtastic! cheers I'm excited
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next