HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thank your lucky star thread :-)

Go down 
+6
wattage
newmoon
the B
Krissah
13thAngel
StoneyMaroney
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

Thank your lucky star thread :-) Empty
PostSubject: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:48 am

This thread is about life-threatening situations we all survived.
Rollercoasters going off the rails, animals gone wild, the coolaid man breaking through your wall, whatever.
OK, so I survived the white bull on the Autobahn and the trainstation bomber (it was so good today thead), that must be about it. Now let me hear your stories, I know this is gonna be interesting.

Thank your lucky star thread :-) 1342619290
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:04 pm

its still early today....i will check back in later........

tho i fear no ones stories are going to top urs Stoney.....that was some craaaaaaazy shit ya went thru Shocked Laughing What a Face
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:23 pm

I was on a plane when one of the engine's failed during a bad storm. Thought we were goin down, it was some heavy shit. I was alone too.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 pm

my mom almost walked in on me getting it on with myself....that was a close call Shocked
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:35 am

Krissah wrote:
I was on a plane when one of the engine's failed during a bad storm. Thought we were goin down, it was some heavy shit. I was alone too.

Alone as in steering the plane?? affraid
Or alone as in only passanger? Shocked
Or alone as in not knowing anyone on the flight?
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:53 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
Krissah wrote:

Alone as in steering the plane?? affraid
Or alone as in only passanger? Shocked
Or alone as in not knowing anyone on the flight?

This story would be SO much more epic if it were either of the first two, lol. It was my first time travlling without a friend or relative.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Hurricanes in Florida.
Hurricane Elena 1985 - Longboat Key 1 hour south of Tampa. So the Gulf is a plane of glass normally, so it's fun when a big storm kicks up some waves to play in. The eye never came closer than 80 miles off the shore of Tampa - but as it crept up the Gulf it was kickin 6 foot waves and had an undertow that would spin you around where you stood and pull you to the bottom and out if you weren't anchored - sounds like a great place to play -right? Moon gets her air raft - which isn't blown up all the way so it can be kayaked and maneuvered with more control thru the pounding surf. Moon looks West, on the horizon, it's cresting, its a huge bastard, swelling, curving, spraying 1/2 mile out. Does she get out? No. Head closer to shore? No. The waves in closer are violent and breaking - 60 lbs per square foot of water - 360 pounds hitting a 115 pound frame - no no stay beyond the breakers. Does she get off the raft to sub-dive under this looming monster? No. 4 feet down the undertow looms, to dive under the upper force would cut into the undertows opposite grip. Panic. Mother ocean is pissed and shes coming. That waves curls and there is 10 foot expanses where the crest smooths for minutes at time before they implode on themselves. Coming in at an angel, towards the north, the smooth spots are appearing North West - Moon hauls ass paddling out and north - might be ok if she can hit the smooth crest and drop down the back into the trough and hope to god there's not a 8 foot waves riding it's tail and hidden by the first. Hope gives way to fear as the crest is curling where it was guesstimated to be smooth. Full force impact - hitting the front of the raft, pushing it up, full length and wrapped over Moon's head, caught in the curl, spinning backwards, end over end, while entombed in a 10 foot long sheath of plastic doom. Impact with the sandy bottom, hit hard enough to knock the wind out of her, blowing all air out into the plastic that is molded to her face - it goes no where -the downward pressure is too great to let it escape from the raft. Immediately the undertow has this human/plastic burrito in it's grip, dragging Moon along the bottom, removing skin, tearing the raft to shreds - arms and legs pinned into the raft, no air, no vision, deafening roar of pounding surfing, tumbling shells, sandpaper shearing on skull, seconds tick into eternities, fireworks of white popping sparks of light the enclosing blackness of Moon's eyelids. The roaring sound is dimming, thank god - it was loud - but wait! that's a bad thing! It means this is it....THIS IS IT! DO SOMETHING! Moon tries to spin, no. Tries to move arms, no. Legs, no. Blind, deaf, numbed of the extreme, exfoliating, dragging, Moon summons super hero strength and FREAKS THE FUCK OUT!!!!! The raft rips away and disappears into the seas vast vacuum. She is still stuck in the undertow and quickly flips over, tucks into a balls and spins to stretch head fist into the pull and blindly, weakly swims with the undertow (wonder how fast she was moving? 50 mhp? dunno - was epic) feels it give a little and pushes off the bottom upwards. There is a crackling and ringing being heard, so loud. Vision is blacked out to pure white, she can not see the surface and is not sure where it is or how far to go - not gonna make it. DAMN IT, NOT GONNA MAKE IT!!! Mad Then she busts through into the air - sucks one breath in and gets promptly pounded by another wave. Sea water inhaled, still blind, now bleeding (there, shark bait) - she hits the surface again, sputtering, choking, treading, gasping. Her vision returns - she is facing Texas, far beyond the breakers, spins, looks to the shore and the people are like ants on the white sand, arms waving. Moon weakly throws an arm up to wave back. Her brother is frantically trying to get through the breakers to get out to her. She's ok and had a hell of a time getting back to shore all the while working through paranoia of deep water and sharks. They were evacuated that night and ended up (after camping in the Tampa airport over night) taking a long drive across the state to fly outta Miami.

so OK did she learn her lesson? FUCK NO.
Hurricane Andrew 1992 - here's the mega short version - I went boggie boarding in the epic surf - caught in the same kind of wave - the board slipped down under me caught my leg and wrapped it up behind my head and oer my shoulder- dislocating my hip and cracking my thigh bone - you try geting outta the surf on one leg - not fun - but that was no where near as scary as the other - not at all!!!

*wait. Can anyone tell I'm procrastinating doing imporant shit around the house?*
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 pm

I thank my lucky stars for the beautiful woman who posted above me king queen
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm

wattage wrote:

aaawwh Peanut luff where do you hide your wings?
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:52 pm

newmoon wrote:
wattage wrote:

aaawwh Peanut luff where do you hide your wings?

I lost them.."Be-hind..the sun...And you'll come around..when the day is done...yes its done....."
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:06 pm

newmoon wrote:
...(pain, pain, pain)...
Holy fucking shit Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Today is meh. I feel odd today. Something is out of place, or isnt right. Odd thoughts. Paranoid for no reason. Thinking of all the bullshit I have going on. Home. Work. Family. Waiting for something bad to happen. I dont know why. Gut feelings. Nothing wrong to my knowledge. Just meh and strange feeling.

BUT...............

Again.. A day like today would be much much harder to deal with if I did not have Anne in my life. As Ive stated previously, I thank my lucky stars for her, and all of the wonderful things about her, and everything that she does for me. I love you Baby. Why God gave in and sent you my way, I have no clue. I thank him for it. You are my everything. Without you, my life is nothing. Thank you for all you do for me. watt1
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:59 pm

wattage wrote:
Today is meh. I feel odd today. Something is out of place, or isnt right. Odd thoughts. Paranoid for no reason. Thinking of all the bullshit I have going on. Home. Work. Family. Waiting for something bad to happen. I dont know why. Gut feelings. Nothing wrong to my knowledge. Just meh and strange feeling.

BUT...............

Again.. A day like today would be much much harder to deal with if I did not have Anne in my life. As Ive stated previously, I thank my lucky stars for her, and all of the wonderful things about her, and everything that she does for me. I love you Baby. Why God gave in and sent you my way, I have no clue. I thank him for it. You are my everything. Without you, my life is nothing. Thank you for all you do for me. watt1

.......you know you're my everything and there not a day that passes that I don't thank god for sending you into my life (at least a few time a day) - there are no words - that wouldn't cheapen what we have.
Thank your lucky star thread :-) Z191454886

Thank your lucky star thread :-) Z184894482
Back to top Go down
Negative Outlook

Negative Outlook

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:25 am

Here are four for now -

Timeline - 20 years ago

Just watched L7 in concert with TAD opening. A few hours later my friends and I were at a Dennys "type" of place having some late night breakfast. It was about 2:00AM. The restrooms were outside and unlocked. As I was using the urinal, a guy came in and held a gun at my back as I was whizzing. He asked me if that was my "limo" parked outside. I kept my cool and pretended I did not notice the gun. I think this was some sort of self defense reaction. I said nope, walked right past him as he was surprised I was not freaking out. I got to the door and hauled ass back in the restaurant. Told the server/waitress and she said that happens all the time. LOL.
A few months later a skin came up to me in a parking lot and put a gun to my stomach and told me "punks aren't allowed in skinhead territory." He actually was stalking me for some time (5 minutes?) and decided he was going to lay it on me outside of a grocery store. I didn't know if he recognized me from my band or it was my wife's Dead Kennedy's jacket. It was me he wanted. Again, I kept my cool but he did not know I was ready to take out his jugular with my knife in my pocket. He ranted about punks will get messed up for showing up in this particular neighborhood, he sounded like Popeye. After about a minute, he put the gun back in his jacket and skirted off to a car full of a few more like him and took off. I think he was doing this for an initiation and suddenly had a change of plan. He didn't pull the trigger, I didn't take a slice. I didn't call the police, I just went home and ate Doritos and watched Saturday night Live. I never saw the guy again but I heard he went to prison for something or another for some other incident. He's probably a Sunday School teacher these days....
A few years ago, Angel and I was stalked by a cougar. It let us know it was there. I almost pissed my pants. I made a lot of noise and slowly walked away.
I ate some old sushi...but the worst was getting food poisoning from some old vienna sausages I found when I was a teenager. I never want to go through that again...this was about 25 years ago. I survived by throwing up and barricading myself in my room for about 24 hours.

cheers Praise be to B
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:11 am

Negative Outlook wrote:
....... I just went home and ate Doritos and watched Saturday night Live.

Bwahahahahahaha - excellent! bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow

Negative Outlook wrote:
....... I never saw the guy again but I heard he went to prison for something or another for some other incident. He's probably a Sunday School teacher these days....

Rolling Eyes cookoo yeah, that'd be about right ...
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:21 am

about 20 years ago, I was supposed to be going out for the night wiv me girlfriends, but I decided not to go ...

all three of them died in an awful awful car accident that night ... No No No No
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:21 pm

whoah. Thats some scary shit. Glad that you didnt go
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm

I try not to think about it much ... fucks me up thinking about what might have happened .... Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad No
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Shocked THat was the best from Negative Outlooks post: assholes with guns pointed at you - meh Rolling Eyes . Cougars - bout pissed pants!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Shocked Wow, incredible what you all have been through Shocked
I'm glad we are all here today cheers grouphug
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 pm

been in several wrecks (flipped a trans am 3 times-not a scratch)

been hit and beaten with about everything you can think of

been in lotsa bar fights (several with multiple opponents)

been shocked

almost drowned

wrecked atvs, go-karts, motorcycles, etc

been shot at

almost hit by a train walking over a railroad bridge that goes from Kentucky to Illinois

cut me nutsack open on a barbed wire fence when I was 5 Embarassed Twisted Evil

all kinds of shit

but Im a good boy and dont get into trouble no mo
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:58 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
Shocked Wow, incredible what you all have been through Shocked
I'm glad we are all here today cheers grouphug

Eye 2nd that!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Thought I blew up "THE" amp yesterday No . Blue smoke and sparks. Scared me. Was just a fuse cheers . I think I was pushing her too hard. Glad she didnt Stone The Crow down . Any other one, I woulda said "Well, fuck", but she's special...like the lady who's namesake she carries. I love you
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:00 pm

Laid my motorcycle down running from the cops when I was about 17 or 18. No helmet.

Rolled head over heels for so long I remember having the conciouse thought of "when am I going to stop rolling". Embedded gravel in my scalp and quit rolling about a foot from a curb. Could have been a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 pm

scratch Makes me wonder how any of us on here have had a major head injury? Laughing

...my worst one (or highest speed impact to the skull) was trying to put mine through a windshield at about 50-60 mph - thanks Safe-T-Glass, I woulda missed my face Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank your lucky star thread :-)   Thank your lucky star thread :-) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank your lucky star thread :-)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next