HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Screen Adventures

Go down 
+9
renbolina
Krissah
the B
QOTR
Haunz
wattage
StoneyMaroney
newmoon
Bogle the Dark Angel
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Haunz

Haunz

Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:24 pm

cool bogle Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 989565

Kick-Ass Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 989565

Pretty good, finally a movie again that stands for something.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Predators Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 989565

I guess if you make a rip-off 30 years later it will be called a homage.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie and can only recommend it!
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 am

^^^^^^^^^ As above ... Saw PREDATORS at the weekend cheers

I really enjoyed it - excellent mix of characters throughout ... and when the hell did Adrien Brody reinvent himself as Mr Tough Guy??!!!! Suspect bogle

Laurence Fishburn's character (and his imaginary friend) was a brilliant touch.

Loved it ... but then I'm biased - I'm a total Alien/Predator fangrrrll luff luff luff luff luff
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:27 am

also went to see Eclipse - third installment of the Twiglet Twilight Saga

Actually it wasn't as bad as I was expecting - still a little too emo/angst for my taste, but not bad ... certainly better than the last one ...
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Everyone needs to go watch Inception so you can help me sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am

Hahahahaha!! ^^^^^

Inception was brilliant!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Sleep bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

So charming and fun! Better than I expected and apparently especially good if you are a gamer (my husband and his buddy really loved it)
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 pm

the expendables
if you like things that go boom...this is your movie cheers

but arnold looked rather pathetic in his cameo...standing next to Sly
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:25 pm

^^^^^^^^ cheers lol! lol! lol! lol!

Yeah - I really enjoyed The Expendables

Bruce Willis' character - talking to Sly Stallone about Arnold Schwarzeneggar's character:
"What's up with him ...?"
Sly's character: "Ohh - he just wants to be president...!"
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Jason Statham, Sylvester Stallone and Mickey Rourke were EXCELLENT

Dolph Lungrun ... hahahahaha! He was great:
"Warning shot ....!"
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Hilarious!!

Yeah - I had a fab time watching this one!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:30 pm

SALT
Angelina Jolie on top ass-kicking form ... was good - well done, decent plot ... good ending too!

The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Fabulous fun - really enjoyed this - Nic Cage was great - loved his coat, and his car!!!!
And the Dumas/Disney pastiche was fabulous ...

plus the little Star Wars bit - "these aren't the droids your looking for ...!" Ahahahahahahhahaha

The A-Team
Hilarious - good fun action movie ... incredibly silly, but immense fun - especially the steering / flying of the tank .... Hahahaha Liam Neeson was brilliant bow

Toy Story 3
Totally brilliant - I REALLY loved this ... Craig cried like a girl Hahahahaha - made me wanna come home and dig out all my old toys and keep them close and safe with me .... awwwww - fantastic stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm

haha the toy story movies always have a way of making you feel guilty about not playing with your childhood toys anymore
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:24 pm

A while back:
THe Last Exorcism - ok by the reaction of the audience, everyone hated it (hear one guy say to his friend "oh Dude, I'm totally sorry" at the end). I liked it. Total Blair Witch style rip off, but look past that and past the no in your face, new style horror, it was good. Not a show me everything, CIG, gore fest. Or a explain it till my 4 year old understands what you meant type of thing. The more I thought about it the more I liked it.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Jackass 3D

Well if you're a fan, you'll love it. JA2 was better but still this ones worth it. The 3D really didn't add anything so feel free to skip that part if you like.

The boys are getting old and running out of ideas - so more on the gross out level than stunts and many are variations of the same old - remember Rollerskating with bulls? this time its with Buffalos.

Yup gagged, a few different times - me and my nephew gagged at the same time during steve -o drinking prestons sweat. puke

Favorite part - choked on my Reeses Pieces laughing - midget bar brawl!!!!!!!! cheers cheers rotfl rotfl rotfl cheers cheers OMG that was the best - I love Wee Man, he rules cheers
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Had a bit of a movie fest last weekend:

Paranormal Activity 2
ooooh - creepy - and as with the previous film, made especially enjoyable by the teenagers in the audience who jumped and screamed at everything - hahahahaha!
Surprisingly good film - I didnn't think they'd be able to crank up the tension and suspense after having seen the first one, but lo - they managed very well!

Despicable Me
Fantastic fun - kids animated movie, great little story, well told, and hugely enjoyable!

RED
was excellent - Helen Mirren was awesome!! I really enjoyed this one - funny, smart ... Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and John Malkovich were also superb in this. Fantastic stuff - go see it!!!

Vampires Suck
Piss-take of the Twilight films ... very funny, though a bit cruel and cringeworthy in parts ... still - an amusing evening!!
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:52 pm

RED
I have to agree with bogle...it's a great fun movie. John Malcovich was great Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Burke and Hare

Hugely enjoyable film - funny, excellent, and of course based on truth. Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis were FABULOUS!! and the tiny guest spot from Christopher Lee was magnificent!!!! Heeheehee!! GO AND SEE IT NOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:08 am

true grit

awesome western from the coen's bounce
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:42 am

BLACK SWAN
was tremendous. Intense movie.
If you haven't seen it, I'll just say the nail file scene and what follows are shocking.
I KNEW right from the first moment I saw that nail file that somethign bad was going to happen with it.
Definitely a movie to watch more than once, in a Beautiful Mind kind of way.
The movie takes on pace constantly, until everything just whirls around in an orgasmic finale.

I think in many ways, Black Swan tells the same story as The Wrestler in different images.
Sacrifice for your art/show business/whatever and break.
I will even go so far as to say the movie made me understand ballet, even though I have never seen a single ballet performance.
It's about the same thing in all art forms: expression of your innermost, sacrifice and the fight between control and wildness.
Thumbs up for Aronofsky!

Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
BLACK SWAN
If you haven't seen it, I'll just say the nail file scene and what follows are shocking.
I KNEW right from the first moment I saw that nail file that somethign bad was going to happen with it.
The movie takes on pace constantly, until everything just whirls around in an orgasmic finale.

I think in many ways, Black Swan tells the same story as The Wrestler in different images.
I will even go so far as to say the movie made me understand ballet, even though I have never seen a single ballet performance.
It's about the same thing in all art forms: expression of your innermost, sacrifice and the fight between control and wildness.
Thumbs up for Aronofsky!

Pretty much exactly my thoughts ... though I would add that BLACK SWAN is also an intensely harrowing portrayal of schizophrenia.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
BLACK SWAN

Thumbs up for Aronofsky!

Pretty much exactly my thoughts ... though I would add that BLACK SWAN is also an intensely harrowing portrayal of schizophrenia.

I definitely agree. It's really like A Beautiful Mind.
These movies first show you the world from the perspective of the menatally ill and THEN raise doubts.
I think movies like these are the only way to halfway understand how it feels. It is so hard to take on someone else's point of view as it is,
let alone someone whose reality is distorted. Even if it's just your kid being afraid of the boogeyman, it just won't help to impose your own view on her
and say there is no boogeyman. You gotta open the wardrobe and look inside.
There's a big difference between being intellectually aware of the things someone else believes and actually allowing these thoughts
to feel real. Two great movies.
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Y'all have piqued my interest in Black Swan now. Thanks for the recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:57 pm

A few recent cinema trips:

Gnomeo and Juliet
An animated re-telling of the classic Shakespeare tale using garden gnomes at war as the back-drop ... bloody hilarious!! one character (a deer fawn, Bambi style) was awesomely voiced by Ozzy Osbourne. Other vocal contributions from Emily Blunt, James McAvoy, Jason Statham (!!!!). There were soooo many subtle Shakespeare quips throughout - it was fabulous!!

Drive Angry
What an incredibly dumb and uninspiring title for a movie .... that said, I REALLY enjoyed this - complete mindless entertainment from start-to-finish. Nicolas Cage was his usual self as a dead guy, escaped from Satan's prison in Hell, and back on earth to avenge the death of his daughter, and rescue his grand-daughter from an evil 'satanic' cult. The whole show was completely stolen by William Fitchner, playing "The Accountant", Satan's chief jailer - sent to bring Nic Cage's character back to Hell. Fitchner was completely and utterly brilliant - absolutely perfect!! The whole thing was completely over-the-top action-packed nonsense, fabulously shot with multiple roaring American Muscle Cars on display ... Waaaaaaaaaaay more fun than I was expecting!!!

I Am Number Four
was ok ... based on a (Sci-Fi romance) book (for teens ...oh dear). Had a very interesting premise, but was poorly delivered. I will wait to make full judgement on this until I've had a read of the book - I suspect that may show a grand idea, badly executed, with plot-holes and heaps of unfulfilled potential ... I just have this feeling the whole thing could have been much better ... Timothy Olyphant was an absolute delight to watch though, as always ...

Tangled
Disney re-working of the Rapunzel fairytale ... was actually really good. Nice to see bad guys that turn out to be good guys.

The King's Speech
Oh dear GAWD - if you haven't seen this already - go and see it - utterly frackin brilliant. Three actors giving utterly superfluous performances. Mebbe this is just a British thing, but I completely adored this film ....

Paul
Bwahahahahahahaha - HILARIOUS!! Brit comedy about two geeks finding an alien life-form (Paul) in the desert in USA ... sooooo many jokes and tributes crammed into one film. HIGHLY recommend this one!!

Right ... that's me done for now ... will report more in a while cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Inside Job
It won this year's Oscar for Best Documentary Feature. It does a really good job of explaining how the financial collapse happened and who did what when etc to get to that point. I know it may seem a bit boring but I believe it's something that more people need to know about. http://www.sonyclassics.com/insidejob/
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Battle Los Angeles

cheers

big booms...aliens...space ships....yay

Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
A few recent cinema trips:

Gnomeo and Juliet
An animated re-telling of the classic Shakespeare tale using garden gnomes at war as the back-drop ... bloody hilarious!! one character (a deer fawn, Bambi style) was awesomely voiced by Ozzy Osbourne. Other vocal contributions from Emily Blunt, James McAvoy, Jason Statham (!!!!). There were soooo many subtle Shakespeare quips throughout - it was fabulous!!

Drive Angry
What an incredibly dumb and uninspiring title for a movie .... that said, I REALLY enjoyed this - complete mindless entertainment from start-to-finish. Nicolas Cage was his usual self as a dead guy, escaped from Satan's prison in Hell, and back on earth to avenge the death of his daughter, and rescue his grand-daughter from an evil 'satanic' cult. The whole show was completely stolen by William Fitchner, playing "The Accountant", Satan's chief jailer - sent to bring Nic Cage's character back to Hell. Fitchner was completely and utterly brilliant - absolutely perfect!! The whole thing was completely over-the-top action-packed nonsense, fabulously shot with multiple roaring American Muscle Cars on display ... Waaaaaaaaaaay more fun than I was expecting!!!

I Am Number Four
was ok ... based on a (Sci-Fi romance) book (for teens ...oh dear). Had a very interesting premise, but was poorly delivered. I will wait to make full judgement on this until I've had a read of the book - I suspect that may show a grand idea, badly executed, with plot-holes and heaps of unfulfilled potential ... I just have this feeling the whole thing could have been much better ... Timothy Olyphant was an absolute delight to watch though, as always ...

Tangled
Disney re-working of the Rapunzel fairytale ... was actually really good. Nice to see bad guys that turn out to be good guys.

The King's Speech
Oh dear GAWD - if you haven't seen this already - go and see it - utterly frackin brilliant. Three actors giving utterly superfluous performances. Mebbe this is just a British thing, but I completely adored this film ....

Paul
Bwahahahahahahaha - HILARIOUS!! Brit comedy about two geeks finding an alien life-form (Paul) in the desert in USA ... sooooo many jokes and tributes crammed into one film. HIGHLY recommend this one!!

Right ... that's me done for now ... will report more in a while cheers cheers cheers cheers

just seen the previews to this one and im looking forward to it for sure cheers
man....you guys get movies hella early there. its not even in the theaters here bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Screen Adventures
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4