HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Screen Adventures

Go down 
+9
renbolina
Krissah
the B
QOTR
Haunz
wattage
StoneyMaroney
newmoon
Bogle the Dark Angel
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissah

Krissah

Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 am

the B wrote:
if it is still here next week, there is a good chance at a 3rd viewing

Nice, haha. I wish I had the money for that. They just jacked the theater prices up here again. Whats it cost to see a new release by you?
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:31 am

10.50 for 3d movies
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:39 am

We are up to 10.50 for a regular showing. Not sure how much 3D is, probably at least 13 then..
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 pm

I saw Avatar at the weekend, I left a hugely enthusiastic review over at the db but suffice it to say I LOVED it and am planning to go back and see it again next week minus distracting kiddehs - it are freakin BEAUTIFUL, I am SOOOOO proud of Cameron!!!!!! drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:23 pm

the B wrote:
10.50 for 3d movies

Right with the exchange rate thats still pretty low
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:10 am

renbolina wrote:
I saw Avatar at the weekend, I left a hugely enthusiastic review over at the db but suffice it to say I LOVED it and am planning to go back and see it again next week minus distracting kiddehs - it are freakin BEAUTIFUL, I am SOOOOO proud of Cameron!!!!!! drunken drunken drunken

the story is unoriginal, but it's told it such a beautiful way that it doesn't matter. The actress that played the Na'vi girl should get an oscar....she was mesmerizing throughout the whole movie. Plus, I kept trying to sneek a peek of her boobies Laughing
Back to top Go down
sakblabbath

sakblabbath

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 am

Just saw Avatar all i can say is damn cheers
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:38 am

it is an incredible movie

I think everyone should go see this in the theaters...it is a unique experience. I wonder if this is how people felt after seeing star wars after it first came out.
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Blockbusters don't generally have original stories B so i wasn't expecting one, just expecting a tried and true ageless tale dealt with realistically and genuinely enough to move me and by golly it did!! cheers

And the CGI is breathtakingly good Shocked Shocked Shocked drunken
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Law Abiding Citizen
Was quite good - Gerard Butler was fabulous, but overall I came away feeling a bit disappointed - the whole idea of the movie was Gerard Butler's character seeking justice for the murder of his wife and child, when the legal system sold him down the river. He tried to make the legal people see the error in their system, and he did indeed come up with some very interesting and clever revenge scenarios. But still, I don't think the lawyers (personified here by Jamie Foxx) really understood or regretted their actions. *sigh*

Planet 51
Hugely funny - really enjoyed this - verra verra good kiddies film, great fun!! Loved the little 'alien-dog' called Ripley - Hahahahaha!!!!

St. Trinians 2 - The Legend Of Fritton's Gold
Hahahahahaha!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I was expecting ... The first one was ok, but this was much better ... Rupert Everett of course steals every scene (s)he's in ... extremely silly plot but fabulously executed and good fun all-round ... though most people in the cinema weren't laughing anything like as much as we were .... scratch Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:57 pm

renbolina wrote:
Blockbusters don't generally have original stories B so i wasn't expecting one, just expecting a tried and true ageless tale dealt with realistically and genuinely enough to move me and by golly it did!! cheers

And the CGI is breathtakingly good Shocked Shocked Shocked drunken

I went to see this movie twice, and I want to go again...that's how much this movie has grabbed me. It's an amazing movie....but I wish Cameron spent more time on the plot. Everything was predictable. As soon as she mentioned only 5 people have ever rode the big flyer (Toruk) you knew he was gonna be the 6th.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:43 pm

the B wrote:
it is an incredible movie

I think everyone should go see this in the theaters...it is a unique experience. I wonder if this is how people felt after seeing star wars after it first came out.

I remember being VERY scared. Fine, I was like 6 and oddly attracted to Chewbacca Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 Icon_cyclops Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:25 pm

I thought the CGI in Avatar was incredibly good.

However, unlike everyone else, I was not so stunned by the sheer beauty of the visuals and I also did not think that the film benefited much from beeing 3D.

I look forward to watching it in HD, without the 3D bluriness.

By the way, James Cameron on nipples in Avatar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GaplgqYL_s
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 am

the B wrote:
renbolina wrote:

the story is unoriginal, but it's told it such a beautiful way that it doesn't matter. The actress that played the Na'vi girl should get an oscar....she was mesmerizing throughout the whole movie. Plus, I kept trying to sneek a peek of her boobies Laughing

You can totally see her nipples in one scene, B. But then, she's ten feet tall and blue Laughing
I just came back from watching the movie and it is fucking amazing.
Yup, the story is unoriginal and any deeper thinking about it would end up very unfavorably for the film..
For example, why is it always the hero from the invading race/country/planet/culture who has to become the boss and teach the tribe to fight their aggressor etc. etc.
But I really don't feel like thinking about the story. I feel like going WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH SHIT DID YOU SEE THOSE BEACUTIFUL IMAGES? DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Great movie, I'll go see that one again, befor ethe opportunity is over to watch it on the big screen, cos this is a big screen type of film cheers
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
the B wrote:
renbolina wrote:

You can totally see her nipples in one scene, B. But then, she's ten feet tall and blue Laughing
Yup, the story is unoriginal and any deeper thinking about it would end up very unfavorably for the film..
For example, why is it always the hero from the invading race/country/planet/culture who has to become the boss and teach the tribe to fight their aggressor etc. etc.
But I really don't feel like thinking about the story. I feel like going WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH SHIT DID YOU SEE THOSE BEACUTIFUL IMAGES? DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Great movie, I'll go see that one again, befor ethe opportunity is over to watch it on the big screen, cos this is a big screen type of film cheers

Well put bounce

every one should see this on the big screen...I wish I could see this on IMAX
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:00 am

the B wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
the B wrote:
renbolina wrote:

Well put bounce

every one should see this on the big screen...I wish I could see this on IMAX

I wish I could see this projected on the friggin sky Cool
Oh, another plus about the movie: Free 3D glasses.
I never expected to see a whole theater full of Roy Orbison impersonators Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:15 am

james cameron said there will be sequals bounce
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:21 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:23 am

but the sequel probably won't be for at least 3 years Sad
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:42 pm

DAYBREAKERS

saw this at the weekend ... I really REALLY liked it, but then I'm totally into my vampire movies ...
I hadn't bothered reading up much on this before, so went in to see it with an open mind. It was very good - I really liked the 'world' they created where the majority of 'humans' on Earth were now vampires. I especially liked the way the vampire types degenerated into the gargoylesque creatures when they were starved of real human blood.

Ethan Hawke was very good.
Willem Dafoe was hilariously excellent (and his 'turning' scene was utterly brilliant, despite the car getting trashed!)

All-round a very good addition to the masses of vampire films around at the moment and much more 'real', and sinister than the Emo-Vamps of late.

My only complaint is that the title is rather misleading - it really doesn't suit the content of the film, or what it's about, and seems like they called it that just to try and kind of cash in on the popularity of the Timur Bekmambetov movies: Night Watch and Day Watch ....
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:13 pm

THE ROAD
Oh dear GOD that was GRIM .... what an incredibly depressing film ... I'm half-way through the book at the moment, and that's fairing little better. The Road (the film) was excellently shot, and the acting was fine throughout ... just not entirely sure what the point is of films like this, except perhaps to remind myself not survive any end-of-the-world apocalyptic holocaust shennanigans ... dark ... very dark ...

THE BOOK OF ELI
As above, only with slightly more hope ... Denzel was good, Gary Oldman and Ray Stephenson were on top form as always, the twist at the end was fabulously played and has had me sat thinking and thinking and thinking since the titles rolled .... would like to see this again, if only to check that they don't screw up anywhere in creating the twist ... Not so sure the book was worth all the trouble but t'was a fair representation of the denegration of humanity post apocalypse.

One comment on both of these films (and indeed all the films of this genre in recent months/years) ... It does truoble me that, in such a dreadfull, post-apocalyptic world the one commodity a woman can offer is sex, and by GOD is she abused and raped for this ... unfortunately I think these visions are all too real ... what a terrible direction for humanity to turn - understandable though - all the gentle and romantic and refined things that make us human now in our liaisons and sexual encounters would be totally debased by basic wants and greeds, power struggles and bartering. Respect and dignity would die a shockingly rapid death Neutral Suspect
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:44 pm

I saw Book of Eli last night
loved it...if I survive the apocalypse...I won't try to rob Denzel Washington Shocked
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm

the B wrote:
I saw Book of Eli last night
loved it...if I survive the apocalypse...I won't try to rob Denzel Washington Shocked

if i survived anything like that - I'm gonna die anyway cuz I can't make insulin Mad

....watched all that Less Stroud shit for nothing...
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:52 am

Jennifer Beals is in it....and am I the only one who thinks she gets better looking the older she gets...she must be almost 50 but she looks 25
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Shocked Flashdance! I agree B - she was born in 1963 - so - 47!

....take off your shirt Coco.... Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Screen Adventures
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next