HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Screen Adventures

Go down 
+9
renbolina
Krissah
the B
QOTR
Haunz
wattage
StoneyMaroney
newmoon
Bogle the Dark Angel
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 am

Last weekend:

The Crazies
Ahhhhhh - hahahaha! excellent!! really enjoyed that ... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original ...

The Lovely Bones
Heartbreaking, but good ... well-acted and Stanley Tucci was brilliantly horrible as the murdering paedophile ...

recommend both of these ...

This weekend - ALICE IN WONDERLAND !!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Alice In Wonderland 3D

What a Face Well it's what you expect - not spectacular, not disappointing. I never read the book so I wonder if it follows that a little more - a great film. Helena Bonham Carter is the bomb.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 am

Read "The Lovely Bones" a few years ago. Not sure I'd wanna see the movie. Maybe will wait 'til it's On Demand.

Avatar - rocked in 3D. I cried! shrug

Next up: Alice in Wonderland. I've never read the book either but I've heard it follows the book much better than the other ones have. And yeh! I heard Helena Bonham Carter stole the show.
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:29 am

Saw ALICE IN WONDERLAND at the imax yesterday - was actually bloody awesome except for the fritterwacken (I think it was called) - which spoilt the ending a trifle but wow what an opulence of imagery and on the whole (the guy who played Stayne was awful) a bunch of tremendous performances.

I actually feel quite sorry for those who missed the finer aspects of Depp's Hatter - he put in a truly deep and mesmerising portrayal (his split personality and occasional bursts of dangerous darkness utterly compelling) - as did Helena as the Red Queen, beautifully layered considering the nature of the movie, which was a visual masterpiece and full to the brim of Burton's usual twisted and marvellous imaginings mixed with Lewis's quite perfectly. I think a lot of people are not realising that this is a film based on two books that are madness, books I adored as a child and totally lost myself in. The movie is full of the selfsame lunacy and therefore does not need coherence or strict form. It is a mad ballad concealing gentle allusions to the horrors of growing up and as such, is well worth seeing!

Can I also state that Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat MADE the entire movie for me and Sir Christopher Lee's few lines as the Jabberwocky held a weighty presence a good deal of actors would frankly kill for. Please see this and when you do, put aside your logic and your realism and expect nothing but exquisite and unhinged poetry.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Alice in Wonderland

i thought it was ok … some of cgi was pretty weak though + i can now safely say that i hate 3d - it is totally useless until the technology is developed far enough

i hope there will be an extended cut though, i'd love to see more of depp's performance, also the actress who played alice was great, and i actually liked that frantic rabbit quite a lot!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:32 pm

I do agree with Ren about Alice...and my mom thinks it's like the best movie shes EVER seen (she loved it soooo much), my niece Jessie was a wee bored through it (she was moaning and groaning towards the end - literally). . . Me and my nephew Tim, when we walked out of the theater, gave each other a puzzled look and felt as though it was lacking something we couldn't put our fingers on - lacking a piece of some Burton magic we didn't witness. shrug I must add I was shocked there were no songs in it. Burton, Depp, Carter and Danny Elfman are a force to be reckoned with and hugely entertaining musically, so I wonder why they didn't go for a whacked song? Tho twinkle twinkle little Bat was kinda there - I really wanted a tea party song in there.

I do think it's Burtons best movie to date animated or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 am

Alrighty-then

I TOTALLY agree with Ren - fer me Alice in Wonderland was utterly EXQUISIT flower flower flower flower

I read the books when I was about 7 or 8 years old, and to be honest, at the time, they scared me silly! But I love them dearly, and Lewis Carroll was a total genius.

The film ... well - Tim Burton was PERFECT to do this story - a totally symbiotic blend of Carroll and Burton to produce a glorious feast for the senses. I LOVED THIS ...

"Twinkle twinkle little bat ...." indeed!!! No need for any tunes - this was Carroll's masterpiece - perfectly translated to the big screen with love and respect from Burton, who clearly knows and understands the books. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL Wonderland!!!

family family family family family

I do agree with Haunz though - there really is NO NEED for all these films to be done in 3D ... it doesn't really add to the enjoyment, and if anything , for me at least, the 3D glasses can give me a headache - don't need it - as soon as this bloody 3D fad burns out again, the better!

study
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 am

also went to see "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief"

Was pretty good. Was distinctly 'Americanized' but it's sooo good to see a bit of the old Greek Mythology back on the big screens. Effects were not always brilliant, but it was good nonetheless. Brandon T Jackson as 'Grover' the Satyr stole the show - he was excellent!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:46 am

Oh might I add, in response to Moon's mentioning her niece's boredom that all three of my children sat MESMERISED throughout. I had, for the first time EVER, no wanting to go to the toilet, no arguments, no asking for sweets or drinks. All I got was questions about the movie and fascination and several times I had to restrain my youngest from almost falling over in her bid to touch the many wonders on the screen as they unfurled to life before her. EDIT: they also keep making me repeat the Red Queen's line about a warm pig belly for her aching feet - it's the quotation that has finally put paid to my daughter's obsession with yelling 'he is Vigo, you are like the buzzing of flies to him!'

Whilst I agree that 3D has issues and is DEFINITELY only for visual extravaganzas such as Alice and Avatar - the magic it injects into movies for children is wonderful to behold!

I would ADORE to see Peter Jackson's LOTR Trilogy and King Kong in 3D - that would make me wee myself with excitement!!!

I also forgot to mention - IMAX, same quality 3D for double the price and NO HOTDOGS!!!! SHAMEFUL. Will NOT be going there again, it'll be the Odeon for How to Train Your Dragon and Toy Story 3 in 3D.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:58 am

yeah - ok - I will concede that 3D is probably a wonder for da kiddies ... I just don't feel it adds anything to my enjoyment, I'd be happy enuff watching in 2D ...

Cool that yer Kiddies loved it though, Ren cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Damn..haven't seen it yet (Alice in Wonderland) ...now with the rest of the review(s) here..I'm gonna see it this weekend! I like 3D 'cause it reminds of the ol' LSD days... flower ...I am kind of old.... hah!
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Clash of the Titans

Meh. I didn't expect anything and was not disappointed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:03 am

Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang

Great, fun kids movie - really enjoyed it - took Craig's nephew to this for his birthday .... cheers geek

Kick Ass

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Great fun - really silly, very violent - surprisingly so - especially the swearing and actions from the 12 year old girl ... but was great fun!

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

oooh - I really enjoyed that - Swedish triller, wiv subtitles, was verra good - I have not yet read the book, but will start that soon. The film was very well done. Excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 pm

i havent even been to the movies since indiana jones came out Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 Icon_redface Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 am

How To Train Your Dragon

Great film - cartoon kids film, in 3D ... marvellous, funny, hugely entertaining cheers cheers cheers cheers

Clash of the Titans

Not bad - entertaining nonsense. OK I'm not well-versed in Greek mythology to know just how far they strayed away from the stories of old, but it was an entertaining and amusing couple of hours ... absolutely NO point in this one being in 3D ... it didn't add anything to the film, and if anything it made for a slightly less enjoyable experience, coz you had to wear those dumb 3D glasses throughout ...

It's A Wonderful Afterlife

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1319716/
AWESOME!!!! I loved this film - very funny, and full of parodies/tributes to other films - the "Carrie" bit was hysterical. I seriously recommend this to everyone! It's a comedy centered on an Indian mother who takes her obsession with arranging a marriage for her daughter into the world of serial murder ...
Hahahaha!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:06 pm

iron man 2

Mickey Rourke is badass and Scarlet Johannsen is yummy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:49 pm

the B wrote:
iron man 2

Agreed - I really enjoyed this .... did you hang on to the very very end (after the credits) when they had a tiny hint at the upcoming THOR movie ...??

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:53 pm

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Was ok - I kinda prefer Robert Englunds' Freddie, but this one was good too ...

An OK re-make ... not sure why it's getting a remake though - it ain't as if they added anything to the original, but I guess it was fine, and for a new generation of movie-goers ....

Hot Tub Time Machine

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!! cheers cheers cheers Feckin' AWESOME!! Really funny - absolutely LOVED this - highly recommend it bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
the B wrote:
iron man 2

Agreed - I really enjoyed this .... did you hang on to the very very end (after the credits) when they had a tiny hint at the upcoming THOR movie ...??

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

nope, I knew there would be something there but didn't want to sit throught the credits for 30 seconds of something. So I just wikied iron man 2 when I got home and read up on the thor hammer
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:25 pm

also found out last week that Kenneth Brannagh is directing this new THOR movie ... huh ... interesting/unusual choice ... scratch study
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Nightmare On Elm Street
I liked it but liked old Freddy better (in looks and height) but loved the voice on this one. Sucked they didn't hide the dream parts better - like in the old you were ofter shocked to find you were in a dream with them - I found all these slips in to Freddy land in this film obvious.
Their continuity director should be fired - earnings shifting from one hole to another - shirt soaked with blood is totally different splatter pattern in next scene and this one I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not -It's like summer on Elm St. and at the swim meet when you see out the window it's a snow covered landscaped yard. Might have been on purpose b/c swimmer was in a dream but scratch

Would like it better if I never saw any of the others, not like we don't know what happen to him or how he got there. Plus he's got a M.O. to kill these kids - I don't think there was ever a reason in the old ones.

Kick Ass cheers cheers Feel good movie of the year! The little girl and Nicholas Cage made the film - awesome.

Like a Star @ heaven This could just be me but does Kick Ass live in Peter Parkers Aunt & Uncles' house from Spiderman? Like the same set used on the outside as a tribute? They looked exactly the same to me Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Robin Hood

Ridley Scott's epic Robin Hood fable was actually much much better than I was expecting. Ridley Scott is quite simply one of my favourite directors ... his films she feel so RIGHT. Cate Blanchette as Marion was absolutely EXCELLENT. Russell Crow looked fabulously right in the role of Robin, but was severely let down by his bizarre wandering accent that really did not know where it wanted to be from ...
Suspect lol! Razz
Scott Grimes as Will Scarlett = fabulous, Little John was awesome too, and Mark Addy as Friar Tuck was brill.

A quintessentially very ENGLISH feel to this movie, and the was LOADS of humour in it, which I didn't expect either.

I'm not a huge fan of Russell Crowe, but the whole movie swept me along happily and I really enjoyed it.

Everyone now thinks there is going to be a sequel because of how and where the film ended. But I think Ridley should leave it as is ... and certainly no money-grabbing film executives should rush out and find someone else to follow up the story. I really like the ending given ... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:23 pm

bounce Cate Blanchette cheers I'm so gay for her luff

I tried to talk my nephew into seeing Robin Hood instead of Kick-Ass - you've seen the results of that discussion.
Back to top Go down
sakblabbath

sakblabbath

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:41 am

Robin Hood gotta say i was bored for the most part Evil or Very Mad I like Ridley Scott but this movie was a sleeper IMO..
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:43 am

Got tix next week for The Big Four
Gawd- what a 'dumb' name ....

On one night only, metalheads around the world can experience history: on Tuesday 22 June, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax perform on one stage together in Bulgaria, and through the wonders of satellite technology, you can be part of this monumental event, broadcast exclusively to select movie theatres around the world.

Being broadcast live at my local 'Arts Picturehouse' cinema cheers

Should be a laff Twisted Evil Twisted Evil slayer stoney metal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Screen Adventures   Big Screen Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Screen Adventures
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next