HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It was so good today....

Go down 
+17
firebaugh
Negative Outlook
Haunz
sakblabbath
renbolina
iyloma
QOTR
cassie
StoneyMaroney
the B
Berzerker
\swampman/
13thAngel
Bogle the Dark Angel
Krissah
wattage
newmoon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

It was so good today.... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 am

Berzerker wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
Ok, so my parents love freakin' ABBA Embarassed No
And there is this really good ABBA revival show. I mean, they are perfect.
I watched some youtube footage and read reviews and this is just some kind of time travel, you won't notice you are not right there in the seventies
after a few minutes. They are coming to my town next week, so I invited my parents over for that day, not telling them anything.
I'll just drive em there, give em the tickets and drive off as fast as I can Laughing
Got two tix today, this is gonna work out fine Cool

nice of you bro

oooh ooooh - can I come too?? I Luv ABBA !!! luff cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
Berzerker wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
I watched some youtube footage and read reviews and this is just some kind of time travel, you won't notice you are not right there in the seventies
after a few minutes. They are coming to my town next week, so I invited my parents over for that day, not telling them anything.
I'll just drive em there, give em the tickets and drive off as fast as I can Laughing

nice of you bro

Oddly I sat through Mamma Mia! last night..........I dunno, shoulda been watching something better I think - and WTF made Peirce Broson (sp?) think he could sing?. Real ABBA=better

Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Berzerker wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:

nice of you bro

I know that you do Laughing I found yer Abba collection, remember? bounce
You know you can come here anytime, I believe the Abba show does a world tour though!
And I gotta say it again: Even though I don't dig Abba, that show is the most professional reconstruction of a band/period on stage
I've ever seen. If they ever do that with Led Zeppelin, I'm so going cheers
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Berzerker wrote:
QOTR wrote:
For the past few months, I've been trying to unlock the mystery of my dad's adoption. Today, we learned the birth-mother's name!!! I'm so frickin excited to see some progress. Now, the search shifts to trying to find her and see if she is still alive or if he has any siblings. My dad is so grateful and marvels at the wonders of the interwebz.

very nice
Yeah, cool, crossing my fingers for this to work out great cheers
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:05 pm

It was so good today.... - Page 7 342182 The dreaded wedding dress search is OVER It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_cheers found one, got it last night (it's formal, more black than white - not a big white tent)..........now for the rest of the bullshit It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_bounce

It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes shoes.... on to shoes It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_evil I can never find ANYTHING I like or fits right It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:43 pm

got some "royal mail " today.....i was surprised and very happeh cheers thank ya miss bogle!!!!

going to redlands tonight to see our friends husbands band cheers

cant wait to see her cheers
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 pm

newmoon wrote:
It was so good today.... - Page 7 342182 The dreaded wedding dress search is OVER It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_cheers found one, got it last night (it's formal, more black than white - not a big white tent)..........now for the rest of the bullshit It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_bounce

It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes shoes.... on to shoes It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_evil I can never find ANYTHING I like or fits right It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_evil

most excellent...and my PM box is open for any pics that might end up in there Razz
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 am

Whoah, went ot see Avatar with a few friends...wait, I'll go tot he movie thread for that...
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:59 am

yay avatar cheers
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 pm

i got lots

doing nothing today....100 percent relaxing cheers

having great friends cheers

music cheers

great food cheers

and a good shit afro
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:

You're really rocking on the gift-giving front of late. Be sure to tell us their reaction.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 am

QOTR wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:

You're really rocking on the gift-giving front of late. Be sure to tell us their reaction.

The thing is, my Great-aunt, who is th eonly one in the family with some serious dough,
was very generous for Christmas, so I could easily order myself a longboard and buy my parents the tickets.
Should be Christmas every week, I wouldn't have to go to work at all then Cool Laughing
Plus I thought I might as well make my parents smile as long as I still have them.
My father needs to be reminded to enjoy life more instead of worrying about unimportant bullshit.
It's just too damn short.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
QOTR wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:

The thing is, my Great-aunt, who is th eonly one in the family with some serious dough,
was very generous for Christmas, so I could easily order myself a longboard and buy my parents the tickets.
Should be Christmas every week, I wouldn't have to go to work at all then Cool Laughing
Plus I thought I might as well make my parents smile as long as I still have them.
My father needs to be reminded to enjoy life more instead of worrying about unimportant bullshit.
It's just too damn short.

YEa Stoney! It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_cheers very thoughtful....I woulda had kids if they would come out as sweet as you It was so good today.... - Page 7 Icon_lol

...ok that was bullshit - I still wouldn't have them It was so good today.... - Page 7 Fresse
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 pm

My dad has been here all week doing projects around the house. He painted the exterior during the week and we finished the deck today! It's been fun, because I learn so much and I don't get to see him often anymore. And I've been wanting this deck for ages, so I'm very excited. When I get over being dead tired and my sore muscles recover, I'll post pics.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:00 pm

QOTR wrote:
My dad has been here all week doing projects around the house. He painted the exterior during the week and we finished the deck today! It's been fun, because I learn so much and I don't get to see him often anymore. And I've been wanting this deck for ages, so I'm very excited. When I get over being dead tired and my sore muscles recover, I'll post pics.

cheers

yay...happy days!!!!!
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 am

A: I got my recalcitrant old feck of a car up the thick ice on the incline to get out of my road and get the kids to school - I used every trick in the book plus a LOT of swearing Twisted Evil RESULT!!!!

B: Finding this on the BBC News site made me feel one HELL of a lot better about my inability to keep up good activities as much as I'd like:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8451000/8451264.stm?ls

Basically the pre-frontal cortex is not very powerful apparently and willpower has FA to do with gritting your teeth and being a disciplined person or a good solid upbringing - turns out that the more work you give the pre-frontal cortex the harder it struggles to do ANYTHING so for example if you want to diet but you work long hours it's going to be simply too exhausting to eat well when you get home, your pre-frontal cortex will have been overwhelmed by the long working day and you'll naturally pick the unhealthiest (and quickest) food simply because your PRC cannot accomplish the task of thinking sensibly when it is so exhausted and overworked!

Bearing this in mind, the first thing to do when trying to improve ourselves eg diet, exercise, quit smoking is to realise how feeble the pre-frontal cortex is and rely on techniques such as distraction to help us achieve our goals. Also we can 'work out' our PRC by doing something that requires constant conscious thought, like sitting straighter, that has shown to help the PRC cope with several tasks at once, improving its ability to allow us to achieve the difficult motivational goals we set ourselves. How cool is that?!

YAY!!! I am not PAIN AND FAIL!!! I just have a weak pre-frontal cortex!!! Where's that choccy cake? cheers Cool pig
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:03 pm

13thAngel wrote:
got some "royal mail " today.....i was surprised and very happeh cheers thank ya miss bogle!!!!

Yer welcome sweetie-pie - but DAMN - that took bloody ages to get to you ... I posted that waaaaaaaaaaay before Xmas .... Neutral Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for the card and piccies you sent to me too - gawd I can see so much of you in Layne ... he's sooo sweet, and Joe too cheers sunny luff luff luff luff
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:41 pm

hey Ren...congrats on having a weak frontal cortex bounce
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:57 pm

IT WARMED UP TODAY!!!!!!!1 Its a whole 23 degrees!!!! Laughing

hurry up April bounce
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:33 pm

renbolina wrote:
A: I got my recalcitrant old feck of a car up the thick ice on the incline to get out of my road and get the kids to school - I used every trick in the book plus a LOT of swearing Twisted Evil RESULT!!!!

B: Finding this on the BBC News site made me feel one HELL of a lot better about my inability to keep up good activities as much as I'd like:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8451000/8451264.stm?ls

Basically the pre-frontal cortex is not very powerful apparently and willpower has FA to do with gritting your teeth and being a disciplined person or a good solid upbringing - turns out that the more work you give the pre-frontal cortex the harder it struggles to do ANYTHING so for example if you want to diet but you work long hours it's going to be simply too exhausting to eat well when you get home, your pre-frontal cortex will have been overwhelmed by the long working day and you'll naturally pick the unhealthiest (and quickest) food simply because your PRC cannot accomplish the task of thinking sensibly when it is so exhausted and overworked!

Bearing this in mind, the first thing to do when trying to improve ourselves eg diet, exercise, quit smoking is to realise how feeble the pre-frontal cortex is and rely on techniques such as distraction to help us achieve our goals. Also we can 'work out' our PRC by doing something that requires constant conscious thought, like sitting straighter, that has shown to help the PRC cope with several tasks at once, improving its ability to allow us to achieve the difficult motivational goals we set ourselves. How cool is that?!

YAY!!! I am not PAIN AND FAIL!!! I just have a weak pre-frontal cortex!!! Where's that choccy cake? cheers Cool pig

Good job on A and I am with ya on B.. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm

13thAngel wrote:

Yer welcome sweetie-pie - but DAMN - that took bloody ages to get to you ... I posted that waaaaaaaaaaay before Xmas .... Neutral Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for the card and piccies you sent to me too - gawd I can see so much of you in Layne ... he's sooo sweet, and Joe too cheers sunny luff luff luff luff

i got saks sent off today too angel whistle

and thanks for the kinds words banana
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:57 pm

So if I've smashed my pre frontal a few times does that make it worse?
signed impulsive addict
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 pm

newmoon wrote:
So if I've smashed my pre frontal a few times does that make it worse?
signed impulsive addict

I say yes!
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 am

QOTR wrote:

new paint (it was a yucky gray before)
It was so good today.... - Page 7 IMG_3385

Buttercup says "First!"
It was so good today.... - Page 7 IMG_3377

Mojo eating (and quickly purging) the decking material
It was so good today.... - Page 7 IMG_3374

Done!
It was so good today.... - Page 7 IMG_3382
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 am

Cool cheers
That's one thing I want to have in my life: A porch. where I can sit in a rockingchair and play blues harp Cool
I know it sounds funny, but we rarely have any porches here in Germany. Balconies, yes, but no porches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It was so good today....
Page 7 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next