HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It was so good today....

Go down 
+17
firebaugh
Negative Outlook
Haunz
sakblabbath
renbolina
iyloma
QOTR
cassie
StoneyMaroney
the B
Berzerker
\swampman/
13thAngel
Bogle the Dark Angel
Krissah
wattage
newmoon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
newmoon

newmoon

It was so good today.... - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Laughing funny Stones Laughing

. . .I like old furniture Neutral

Booo Hot girls w/boyfriends at Stoneys shows Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 am

Shit, that doll creeps me out Shocked
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:28 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
BTW back on topic: The gig went pretty well. It even turns out we make music for the girls Shocked
Who woulda thunk? Laughing The place was packed with hot girls who loved our band, but most of them had boyfriends Rolling Eyes

hasn't Motley Crue taught you anything....it doesn't matter that they have boyfriends Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:49 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
"Hey babe, how about you wear that sexy old fat dude costume with the hairy mole and I'll bring out the adult ventriloquist dummy. Then we can get it on on some really old furniture. And the snake part..well..you know" Surprised It was so good today.... - Page 30 942256 Cool sunny

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah!!!!!!! Shocked lol! lol! lol! rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:35 pm

the B wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
BTW back on topic: The gig went pretty well. It even turns out we make music for the girls Shocked
Who woulda thunk? Laughing The place was packed with hot girls who loved our band, but most of them had boyfriends Rolling Eyes

hasn't Motley Crue taught you anything....it doesn't matter that they have boyfriends Laughing

Hold on there for a second, Brian, phone's ringing...
Hi, Stoney speaking...Oh Razzle, hi...uh-huh...yeah...Ok...I understand... *hangs up
Yeah, that was the drummer from Hanoi Rocks.
He just called to tell me don't take advice from Mötley Crüe. cawfee
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Laughing

yeah. I think their advice would only lead to becoming a needle doper with hepatitis.

Or live to be 180 years old like Mick Mars Laughing
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:12 pm

The vacation countdown clock is ticking down to zero.

Goodbye work, phones, internet, email. Hellllooooo Guatemala.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American buddies and Happy week to the rests of ya. Talk to you in 10 days!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 pm

QOTR wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to my American buddies and Happy week to the rests of ya. Talk to you in 10 days!

Have a fun, SAFE trip. you lucky girl you!
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:58 pm

i know....i wish i was going somewhere........minus the kids Laughing

rob and i talked about locking ourselves in our room for an entire day. and making the kids cook us tv dinners and sandwiches.... for room service hahaha. not the same but st ill do-able cheers
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:59 am

Matt and I looked at a house tonight that might be it! Or forever home!

Since it is only the 4th one we've seen, we want to see some more in a few different areas before we really decide that it is it. These people did not take care of it at ALL, but we can see tons of potential Smile I am so excited!
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:18 pm

QOTR wrote:

Sweet!!!

Have a blast.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Today I have an attitude of gratitude.

I tend to be sullen and a glass half empty kind of dude, but the last few days have made me realize what a lucky guy I am.

Truly blessed.

Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:29 pm

It was so good today.... - Page 30 989565

I like watching shows like Intervention & C.O.P.S . They always make me realize I could have it a whooole lot worse. Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Berzerker wrote:

I tend to be sullen and a glass half empty kind of dude, but the last few days have made me realize what a lucky guy I am.

Truly blessed.

cheers

Suspect ok how did you do it?

i can usually only see watt thru the bottom of my EMPTY glass. Laughing which I've been pondering - negativity. Learned or born with?

leaning towards learned.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:39 pm

newmoon wrote:
Berzerker wrote:

Truly blessed.

cheers

Suspect ok how did you do it?

i can usually only see watt thru the bottom of my EMPTY glass. Laughing which I've been pondering - negativity. Learned or born with?

leaning towards learned.

For me it was being around some folks who are going through difficult times. Their lives are a freakin mess and a circus. I was like damn. Puts things in perspective.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Got cha - Maybe I'll get that today, I'm going to a children with disabilities event tonight. Or I'll just get more damned depressed. . .we'll see - try to be positive sunny
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 pm

newmoon wrote:
I'm going to a children with disabilities event tonight.

cool It was so good today.... - Page 30 989565

what you said about putting things back into perspective berzerker – i absolutely agree. last time i had that was when i was in albania and even more so in kosovo. some of those people really have nothing and they still manage to smile when you greet them, to look you straight in the eye and to actually care about what you're saying.

most of the people here have everything and for some reason they don't manage to do any of that. no wonder i get sick of all of this every once in a while It was so good today.... - Page 30 989565
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:21 pm

I think the less you have the more you value other humans and simple sharing of thoughts, kindness. If you have nothing you need more friends to help.

The more you have the easier it is to blow off and avoid others (conversation can be replaced by a TV type of thing).

I do get to figure skate with my niece tonight at the event. Having been a skater for so long I truly miss being on the ice.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 pm

newmoon wrote:
I think the less you have the more you value other humans and simple sharing of thoughts, kindness. If you have nothing you need more friends to help.

The more you have the easier it is to blow off and avoid others (conversation can be replaced by a TV type of thing).

makes sense to me It was so good today.... - Page 30 989565

newmoon wrote:
II do get to figure skate with my niece tonight at the event. Having been a skater for so long I truly miss being on the ice.

like that?

It was so good today.... - Page 30 1135224625674%281%29
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Yup. Ice shows and all that. I injured my knee around 15 (landing jumps) and fucked myself outta future events or competitions.

plus around then I found smoking pot full time was a lot of fun too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:54 pm

newmoon wrote:
Yup. Ice shows and all that. I injured my knee around 15 (landing jumps) and fucked myself outta future events or competitions.

plus around then I found smoking pot full time was a lot of fun too Laughing

sucks Neutral

i mean the injury, not the pot discovery weed It was so good today.... - Page 30 989565

did you have plans for becoming a pro or something?
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 am

We recorded four tracks (for a demo/EP/whatever) in the studio with Capital Joke this weekend, and it was quite a ride.
We recorded the rhythm guitars, drums and bass live, and the other guys laid this down in four hours, and incredibly tight at that Shocked
All I had to do was sing in their ears to get the feeling right. Then in the evening came my turn to record...
I've not been near a studio for a long time, and I kept thinking I wasn't good enough. I was just paralyzed.
I could barely hold a note, I sounded worse than Cher AND Cartman on that autotune song.
So I asked Manni to get me a bottle of Jägermeister from the supermarket and hoped that would help.
It went a little better, but despite the boys being very supportive and acting like I was doing a good job, it was sub standard.
By the third song, the bottle was empty and nobody had fresh ears anymore, so I just gave it one take and then we left without even checking.
Why I thought I was done recording at that point I have no idea.

We went to a pretty cool metal club and I deemed it a good idea to go for lots of more Jägers and sing along to EVERY tune of the evening.
Half of that stuff was in Halford pitch, and that's just completely beyond me, but fun to yodel around to VERY LOUD while throwing metal poses until the morning. Nothing fucks up your voice like that Laughing Well, not he poses, but the yodeling. cawfee

After two hours or so of sleep, we went back to the studio to record the solos. My head felt like a giant balloon and I was hoarse like an old woman.
First thing, we listened to that last song and surprise, surprise Laughing : My vocals sucked. Back to the vocal booth.
There was no way this was gonna work, but I was too ashamed to say "you know what, I think we won't be able to finish this (and these two days were all we had, the studio guy let us in for free just to do us a favor) despite your brilliant work, simply because I got drunk yesterday and now I'm not able to do my job", plus I was just too fucked up to explain anything. They shoved me in and put earphones on my head (which I had the engineer turn WAY down to a whisper, just so my head wouldn't explode).
But once the red light turned on, I just started screaming away and it suddenly all fell into place.
That state of being too fucked up to care was exactly what I needed to get over all the inhibitions, turn off my brain and just fucking sing.
It worked so well that we deleted the lot and I did the other songs again, too. Everything except for one song was a first take thing, even all the overdubs were spot on right away (at least rhythmically. I hope I sound good, but it felt right) Shocked
Once my job was done, I just dropped on the sofa and slept for the rest of the day.

I can't wait to hear the mixdown now, and I hope my impression that this worked out fine is correct.
If so, I might learn to shut off my brain and behave like an actual rock and roll singer eventually. Laughing
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:09 am

I can't wait to hear it bounce
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 am

the B wrote:
I can't wait to hear it bounce

+1
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:47 pm

13thAngel wrote:
rob and i talked about locking ourselves in our room for an entire day. and making the kids cook us tv dinners and sandwiches.... for room service hahaha. not the same but still do-able cheers

DOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was so good today....   It was so good today.... - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It was so good today....
Page 30 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next